Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre Catalog CSS Warning

I've been having fun exploring the nooks and crannies of Calibre and the new editor.

My latest was learning how to make a epub catalog. I loaded the resulting epub into the editor. Running Check throws a CSS warning (screen shot)

It's not a biggie but I was thinking that the catalog-generating CSS might be changed to replace the webkit or maybe someone could give me the CSS to change

I'm not even sure what a webkit means

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	120070  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It says to use the box-shadow css3 property, but only in WebKit, the rendering engine behind Google Chrome, Safari, (Opera, I think) and incidentally, the ebook-viewer. See: http://www.css3.info/preview/box-shadow/

it requires/(required?) the -webkit- prefix because back in the day, this was experimental, and -webkit- or -moz- would be ignored by other rendering engines.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an example of progressive enhancement. Many ebook readers are based of the webkit rendering engine and support -webkit-box-shadow, but not simple box-shadow. Therefore on such readers, the box shadow will be rendered and look nice. On others it will simply be ignored and cause no problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote