Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Nook app crashing on iPad and iPhone

As if the Hades that is dealing with Barnes & Noble could not have gotten any worse, now the Nook app is crashing on both my iPad and iPhone. On the iPad sometimes it crashes back to the home screen as soon as it opens or it sits that with the spinning ball. On the phone it just crashes back to the home screen instantly.

On a related note, it took the Nook app forever to open on my Android tablet.

Also on a related note, my Nook library does not show up when I try to access it on my desktop through the Barnes & Noble site.

(I never know which forum to post these cross-topic posts on.)

Last edited by tas03; 07-10-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Update.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Didn't B&N shutter the Nook a long time ago? B&N is probably not updating the Nook apps anymore. Eventually, you will need to consider liberating your Nook books via deDRM and finding a new app in which to view them. A lot of ebook reading apps have already gone away, and so has several major ebook stores like Sony and B&N's Nook.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Once I finally got hold of B&N customer service they had no idea what was going on. Once I hung up with them I opened the Nook app on my phone and it worked fine but acted like I had never opened it before. Then I tried my iPad and the same thing - the app acted like I had just installed it.

I have been removing the DRM from my B&N books since for years, but the app that I use them with on iOS devices became a mess, especially on the tablet, so it is easier on my table to use the Nook and Kindle apps on the tablet than to have to get my phone and use AirDrop to send the book to my tablet.

B&N updated the Nook app for iOS a couple of weeks ago.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:31 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Didn't B&N shutter the Nook a long time ago? B&N is probably not updating the Nook apps anymore. Eventually, you will need to consider liberating your Nook books via deDRM and finding a new app in which to view them. A lot of ebook reading apps have already gone away, and so has several major ebook stores like Sony and B&N's Nook.
It may not be possible to remove the DRM from nook books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #5
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
That's a shame. I never got into the Nook ecosystem. I bought their first color reader/tablet and bought one book from their bookstore, but returned the reader. I honestly don’t remember why I didn’t like it, but I didn’t. I think it was because they had a locked down OS and restricted which apps you could use. But that was a VERY long time ago.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Here is an update as of yesterday (5.2.4) with ‘additional bug fixes and accessibility improvements’. Update history is spotty, there were a couple 3 months ago, several a year ago.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote