Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #391
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Great news.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #392
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
The latest version of Atlantis Word Processor supports floating images:
https://www.atlantiswordprocessor.co.../4_0_0_000.htm
Thanks for the heads up! I've been using Atlantis since Ocean Mind, but hadn't checked for an update yet this week.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #393
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
That's great news, even it not a big deal to insert a floating image in Sigil.
Lets see how Atlantis converts this feature into an epub, o doesn't it? Will download the update.

Thomas

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 05-25-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:58 AM   #394
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Of course, it saves floating images to EPUB.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #395
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Your site doesn't make it clear which OSes are supported, but as the download ends in .exe, I guess "Windows", but which versions WindowsOS and 32 or 64, and what dependencies such as versions of .net

I Save As Docx format from Word or LO Writer, then convert with Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #396
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

There is a "Designed for Windows" icon at the bottom of the main page:
https://www.atlantiswordprocessor.co...quirements.htm
Old 05-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #397
awp
Addict

It does not require .net. It uses only the standard Windows libraries. Can be run even on Windows 2000. It is 32-bit, but can be run on a 64-bit Windows system, too. Can be also run on Lynux (under Wine).
Old 05-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #398
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It does not require .net. It uses only the standard Windows libraries. Can be run even on Windows 2000. It is 32-bit, but can be run on a 64-bit Windows system, too. Can be also run on Lynux (under Wine).
Good. A real Windows program in these Post XP days with traditional Windows Forms API Stupidly depreciated in Vista and then the Metro/Modern/App/Fluent/AWP madness. If only MS would copy you. The .net is nightmare. I tried downloading the MS Keyboard layout creator from MS, which I have on one XP computer. I can't install it on any other computer, any version of Windows or Wine as I can't find an MS download for the version of .net needed. Installer fails.

I didn't see the "Designed for Windows" logo, which in any case is now meaningless. I stopped using Windows about 2 years ago after more than 25. I gave away a windows 10 Tablet/Laptop.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #399
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Um, does it say anywhere what size of USB memory stick?
https://www.atlantiswordprocessor.co...ash_drives.htm
Old 05-27-2020, 01:08 AM   #400
awp
Addict

The setup file of the latest version of Atlantis Word Processor is 3 MB. I do not think that the size of memory stick is of any importance here.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:04 AM   #401
awp
Addict

Atlantis Word Processor 4.0.3 has been released. It adds support for pasting HTML from the Windows clipboard:
https://www.atlantiswordprocessor.co.../4_0_3_000.htm
Old 01-07-2021, 05:01 AM   #402
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am posting this here because the problem appears to be specifically with Atlantis Word Processor interacting with the Calibre Viewer. As mentioned earlier, I'm a longtime Atlantis user, I believe I was one of the first 250 paid users, in fact.

A few days ago, I copied some text from an epub opened in the Calibre viewer. I then attempted to paste it into Atlantis WP version 4.0.5.0. The paste did not work, Atlantis hung and I had to force a close. I then pasted the same clipboard contents into Libre Office Writer 7.0.3 with no issues at all. Tonight I tried with a different epub opened in the Calibre viewer and pasted in Atlantis 4.0.5.1, while also pasting the same clipboard contents into Notepad++ and Libre Office Writer 7.0.3. Again, the same result - Atlantis hung at "Not Responding" and I had to force a close, while both the other programs accepted the paste with no issues. I was able to copy the text pasted into Notepad++ and then paste THAT into Atlantis with no problem, so there is some problem with the way Atlantis handles the content copied from Calibre viewer .
Old 01-07-2021, 05:20 AM   #403
awp
Addict

Atlantis has the "Paste special" command under the "Edit | Paste Options" menu. Please try different options of the "Paste Special" dialog. Is the problem linked to the HTML format?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:31 AM   #404
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Atlantis has the "Paste special" command under the "Edit | Paste Options" menu. Please try different options of the "Paste Special" dialog. Is the problem linked to the HTML format?
Thanks for very prompt reply! I selected "Paste Special>Plain Unicode Text" and worked just fine
Old 01-07-2021, 05:38 AM   #405
awp
Addict

OK, but you didn't say which format is the problem.

Tags
ebook, epub