Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
SSarsfield
SSarsfield began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Question Searchable Metadata?

I currently have a Nook HD+ that I have to do factory resets on with increasing frequency. I'm thinking of replacing it.

I have a pretty large ebook library that I manage with Calibre and sideload to the Nook. My biggest complaint is that the Nook ignores the metadata.

Are there any ereaders out there that will allow me to search my library on the reader using the tags/keywords in the metadata? Or even - pie in the sky - search blurbs for strings of keywords? I keep my entire unread library loaded on the Nook, and if I'm in the mood for a particular theme or trope it can be daunting to find what I'm looking for without any kind of real search function.

If there's nothing that offers a metadata search, just displaying the blurb while browsing without opening the book would be helpful.

Any suggestions?
SSarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I think but not sure that Kobo may be what you are looking for.
I don't think Kindle will do that.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Kobo doesn't do exactly what you want, but it can do some of it. With a Kobo you can choose to view the synopsis without opening the book, and you can set up Calibre to create collections based on tags (or a custom column).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, recommendation, search