Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 09:44 AM   #1
vickywink
vickywink began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Question Calibre search

All of a sudden when I search my library the results I receive are highlighted, Calibre no longer opens just the search result I am looking for. Example if I click on a tab for "historical" the entire library is visible, but all books with the historical tab is highlighted. I have to then look through the entire library looking for the highlighted books to find the books listed under the "historical" tab instead of just having a list of books that are under the "historical" tab.

Is this a change in the program or did I accidentally change something in the preferences? If so, how do I change it back?
vickywink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:03 AM   #2
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Right beside the switch "Search" is another switch to filter OR highlight the search results. It either shows "Filter" or "Highlight". Press it and the search results will change
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 10:42 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post
Right beside the switch "Search" is another switch to filter OR highlight the search results. It either shows "Filter" or "Highlight". Press it and the search results will change
That won't show by default .
Preferences: Searching: Show quick toggle (a tick box)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:51 AM   #4
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That won't show by default .
Preferences: Searching: Show quick toggle (a tick box)
Aye, right. Forgot that one.
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:34 PM   #5
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I had this same problem this morning when I did a search. The switch may have been reset during the last update (although I can't prove that). I just know that when I did a search I was getting results highlighted instead of listed. Either way, found your post right off when I experience the unexpected search results of highlighted instead of listed.
I was unsurprised to find a fix. I forgot the switch (both ways) as well and was thankful for the reminder. Thank you @Grins and @theducks for the reminder. Much appreciated.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert