Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Killers411
Killers411 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-500
Easy Manga creation/My 2 cents

I've owned my Reader for about 2 weeks now, so i'm a noob, but this is the method I have developed so far to create pdf mangas from jpegs.
Please comment, any program substitutions, additions, to make this process easier/harder.

I got instructions originally from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8241

But my instructions are easier me thinks ^_^ .

Programs used:
Free Faststone Photo Resizer 2.4
http://www.faststone.org/download.htm

37$ Adult Image to PDF to 3.0 Or you can find some free Image to pdf program, I don't think it matters.
http://www.adultpdf.com/products/image2pdf/index.html

1. With Faststone,-> Advanced Options->Resize, in pixels, 600 width-770 height, Don't preserve apsect ratio.

* if you need to cut images in half, use the crop option. Calculate the width of the jpeg from the original dimensions, guess an average width/height, then in one operation cut it out one half, then let the program resize it.
e.g. ( For the left half, x coor 0, for the right half, x coordinate 700.) Then in a second operation, cut out the other half, and let the program resize it.
You should also rename it -> if you are doing the left half, rename as *tn...B or someting like that. Then reset the crop functions for the second half, rename as *tn..A. Then when you sort the files, they'll be in order numerically, for your pdf.

Now you should have a folder of images that are resized and ready for your sony and pdf builder, all you need to do is put them into pdf format.

2. At this point I usually quickly make new separate folders with no names for groups of 100 images, to make smaller pdfs, so turning speed increases. (mangas volumes are typically 195 images)
This is from the previous guide:
A 200 page pdf will take about 4-5 seconds to load
100 page - 3-4
50 page 2-3
20 page 2-3

3. To make the pdf, all you really want to do is take all the images in their default format/lengths, and stick them together in one pdf. Since the images are already resized, we shouldn't need to compress or anything else.

With Adult image to pdf, settings should be Output mode combine multiple to one pdf, overite if pdf file exists (other settings APPEND to the previous pdf). I pick one name for each manga, when the pdf is completed, I rename the file in the windows folder, then create another pdf with the original name.

Image process: nothing
Page Setting: =ImageSize
x-dpi Default, y-dpi Default, nothing else

Send those pdf bad boys to your PRS and have fun!
Killers411 is offline   Reply With Quote