Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
sergeivlad
sergeivlad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation Book reader that recognize Cyrillic?

I am looking to load books in txt format in russian to read on the book reader. What readers would recognize Cyrillic? I tried this with Sony reader and the text wasn't readable.
sergeivlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook is an Ukranian company. I think that tells you everything you need about if they support Cyrillic fonts
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The Ectaco Jetbook and Jetbook Lite display in Cyrillic, have Cyrillic labels (as well as
Latin) on the nine numeric/text entry keys, and has a Rus>Eng and Eng>Rus dictionary.
Their initial marketing included a lot of Russian material including a sales video clip.

http://www.jetbook.net/

The prices are MSRP from them, the readers are usually available for considerably less
elsewhere.

They, Ectaco offer other book readers at their main site.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
Hacked Kinde 2 will do the job just fine. Hacking is very easy and takes about 5 minutes.
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyrillic fonts