Notices

Old 12-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
lint
Enthusiast
lint has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
Thumbs up Kudos to Borders

Just wanted to share my experience.

Bought my Reader on 10/24 and on Monday pulled it out my my backpack and heard a "chingly" sound.

Opened the case and one of the silver side bumpers had broken off! Backpack was not dropped or kicked, stepped on, etc. I called them up They told me to bring it down. I brought it in with my box and original receipt. They didn't ask for any receipt, just opened the glass case, handed me a new one and I handed them my broken one. I was given a "sorry" and a "have a great night".

Nice people...

-lint
lint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Same with the case's they even pull all of the brown cased and we went through them. All had alignment problems...

When Im looking for dead tree editions. I go to them!
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Not the experience I had.

I bought a Sony Reader from them a couple of weeks back. On the way to the car, I heard the same sound. I opened up the box and, like you, saw that the bumper had fallen up. I figured this would be an easy exchange.

I went back in the bookstore, told them what happened and asked for a refund. Much to me surprise, they accused me of "high-tech thievery," stated they never sold the reader, maced me, then kicked me in the crotch.

I couldn't believe it. I still can't. You shouldn't either.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
William Moates
Zealot
William Moates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie / Sony Clie / Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv
I went back in the bookstore, told them what happened and asked for a refund. Much to me surprise, they accused me of "high-tech thievery," stated they never sold the reader, maced me, then kicked me in the crotch.
Are you sure you weren't transported into a parallel universe? I hear they've specially modiifed some of the doors in Borders.

Hey, they don't call it "Borders" for nothing.
William Moates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Has anyone checked on TCV to see if he's still with us?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2006, 04:35 AM   #6
evil_bunny
Enthusiast
evil_bunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony T1, iPhone 5S, iPad 3rd Gen
Ach, what can I say? I have always wanted to kick a customer in the crotch. Little did I know the attempt of a return gives me license to do so. Hmmmm.
evil_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #7
William Moates
Zealot
William Moates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie / Sony Clie / Sony Reader
But if customers speak the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto", you're not allowed kick them. However, you may short-sheet their beds.
William Moates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #8
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

You can do it anytime you want to. Nothing is stopping you.

Now, there may be consequences to your actions. I'll leave it up to you to find out if there are and whether or not they are worth the crotch-tacular action.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 AM   #9
evil_bunny
Enthusiast
evil_bunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony T1, iPhone 5S, iPad 3rd Gen
First I think I need to find somebody willing to return their reader.... any volunteers?
evil_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Sony forced me to return one when they couldn't handle processing it for a repair.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Sony forced me to return one when they couldn't handle processing it for a repair.
Hmmm - that slightly worries me. I bought mine on eBay, and the nearest store that sells them is several thousand miles away . I was kind of hoping that should (heaven forbid!) my beloved Reader go wrong, I would be able to return it to Sony in the US for repair by mail. Am I deluding myself?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
tcv
Addict

But wasn't that because you'd seemingly gotten one before Sony's CS even knew about them, scotty?