Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Any way to read Kindle books on my Palm?

Hi everyone! (yes, I'm back, baby! )

This has probably been asked and answered already, so I'll make it short and pithy:

Is there any way to read my Kindle books on my Palm Centro?

Thanks!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
MobiPocket has a reader app for PalmOS. It should read Kindle AZW ebooks if you remove the DRM (encryption), if any, and rename from .azw to .prc. Note that some Kindle ebooks are in the TOPAZ format, which is harder to deal with.

With the latest firmware on the Kindles, it is now easier to download the Kindle books to a PC (Kindle for PC) and strip the DRM using the skindle command line app.

The best single place to find out about DRM is Apprentice Alf's Blog.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
MobiPocket has a reader app for PalmOS. It should read Kindle AZW ebooks if you remove the DRM (encryption), if any, and rename from .azw to .prc. Note that some Kindle ebooks are in the TOPAZ format, which is harder to deal with.

With the latest firmware on the Kindles, it is now easier to download the Kindle books to a PC (Kindle for PC) and strip the DRM using the skindle command line app.

The best single place to find out about DRM is Apprentice Alf's Blog.
Is removing the DRM encouraged here now? I thought that was kinda verboten.
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
What is verboten is posting about exactly how to remove DRM. This is why I suggested Apprentice Alf's Blog for more information.

In the US, the DMCA makes the situation murky - but it is likely that it is legal to strip DRM for personal use of ebooks you bought. This is a certainly a "fair use", but it isn't clear if the DMCA trumps the fair use or not. As a practical matter, if it is for personal use, who will know or care?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Iphone!
Nope!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert