Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Gen3 bricked: hang on splash screen

Hi all,

my first Gen3 is bricked.
At the boot, the normal splash screen appears, and then freezes.
The green light is still on.
The green LED on the back switches on after a while, and after 10 seconds (more or less) flashes two or three times and then becomes steady.

The hardware is EB001.

The initial problem was the "checkered" display, usually solvable by reloading the firmware. I reload the firmware twice, but the second time something goes wrong.

Now no more reloads the firmware

Some suggestions? (Godzil, even you?)

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Hi all,

my first Gen3 is bricked.
At the boot, the normal splash screen appears, and then freezes.
The green light is still on.
The green LED on the back switches on after a while, and after 10 seconds (more or less) flashes two or three times and then becomes steady.

The hardware is EB001.

The initial problem was the "checkered" display, usually solvable by reloading the firmware. I reload the firmware twice, but the second time something goes wrong.

Now no more reloads the firmware

Some suggestions? (Godzil, even you?)

Luke
Try charging it couple of hours (or overnight). Check internal drive for errors. Report back.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Try charging it couple of hours (or overnight). Check internal drive for errors. Report back.

DrS
All done. I even change the battery with another.
Moreover the drive doesn't mount because the application doesn't starts up.

What I need is a way to wipe out all the flash ram. There is some way to do this?

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
All done. I even change the battery with another.
Moreover the drive doesn't mount because the application doesn't starts up.

What I need is a way to wipe out all the flash ram. There is some way to do this?

Luke
My expertise ends here. You should write to Bookeen and ask for help. Fmt version of firmware was able to rewrite whole flash but I'm not sure if you can use it.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You should contact bookeen, EB001 are generaly more robust, and this may be a sign of a failing hardware, not just a software defect
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
fjf
fjf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Its easy. 135 euros+shipping to France. I just did it.
fjf is offline   Reply With Quote