Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
New future models?

Ok, i was browsing the Jinke site and saw this: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...pro/newpro.asp

Now, is there any chance Astak could bring the A9 model to US? I would buy one of those (either touchscreen [A9t] or keyboard [A9k])

More info about 9" model here: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=44
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Good find. I assume some or all of these will be coming to the US as EZ Readers. This is first mention I am aware of for Capacitive Multi-Touch screens on an ebook reader.

The 9" screen devices seem like scaled up versions of the 6". Amazon did the same with the Kindle, but I'm not sure it is the best approach. I would still like to see a 9" that relies only on the touch screen.

Last edited by wallcraft; 01-03-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: 9", not 9.7"
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Can't wait for the Astak versions of these... sign me up!
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well, I will let you know what I think when I return from CES. I am surprised they leaked these this early but it is interesting.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
OMG they finally update their page away from the expected 2007 release of the V9 series.

Love the idea of the A9. Might be exactly what I am after. Interestingly they will be using a Sipix screen instead of the Vizplex in the current range (I wonder how they differ). Looking forward to reviews etc in the coming weeks.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
This is good news and a very nice find. I am hoping Astak brings these to the US soon after CES. I am now feeling better about waiting to buy my first reader. My wife thinks I am obsessing. I bought my usual two books from Amazon this week. My travel for this year begins this week and I wish I didn't have to lug these heavy books around airports.

So far, Astak has probably got my business after CES.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Good find. I assume some or all of these will be coming to the US as EZ Readers. This is first mention I am aware of for Capacitive Multi-Touch screens on an ebook reader.

The 9.7" screen devices seem like scaled up versions of the 6". Amazon did the same with the Kindle, but I'm not sure it is the best approach. I would still like to see a 9.7" that relies only on the touch screen.
Well acording Jinke site it says is 9", not 9.7" (i wish im wrong and it really is 9,7 ). I just sended a mail to Jinke asking about format support on the A6/A9, lets hope they can give me that info before the CES
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Well acording Jinke site it says is 9", not 9.7" (i wish im wrong and it really is 9,7 ). I just sended a mail to Jinke asking about format support on the A6/A9, lets hope they can give me that info before the CES
It does not sound like 9.7. The resolution on the 9.7 screen is 1200x825 and this one is only 1024x768, still a lot larger than a 6" screen.

Dale
Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It does not sound like 9.7. The resolution on the 9.7 screen is 1200x825 and this one is only 1024x768, still a lot larger than a 6" screen.
I agree. I initially missed the reference to SiPix and this seems to be their first E-Book application. Sipix's High Resolution Displays page has images from Polymer Vision, which was originally going to produce a device based on Vizplex EInk film.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
This is sure an interesting find....Hopefully it will come here in US. I'll be interested with this one.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

I have built preliminary pages in the wiki for the Hanlin A6, Hanlin A9 and SiPix.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 01-05-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hopefully this isn't a "stupid" comment, but from what I can see there will be 2 versions of each offered...one with a keyboard and one with a touchscreen. I gathered this from the model numbers (one ending in "t" and one ending in "K"). So this really means 4 new eReaders, right?

I strongly suspected something along this line...now to just find out what online book service they will be compatible with....
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #13
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Would 9" handle pdfs well? I mean that's something I would go for.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 AM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Would 9" handle pdfs well? I mean that's something I would go for.
I would imagine so. Going off the KindleDX e-ink screen which is 140x203mm. An A5 page is 148x210mm. I print the academic readings to two-to-a-A4 page (side by side) which is approx A5 size and it reads fine. So given the e-ink screen size I imagine that it would handle A4 pages shrunk down without to much hassle.

What would be a nice feature is the ability on these larger screen ereaders is to crop the pages ie: remove white-space border when reading, essentially allow for a "zoom" increase. I guess only hands on reviews will definitely answer our questions.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #15
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
At the SiPix site it says it has: "eye-catching readability" and "high contrast & reflectivity."
I wonder if the SiPix will have a higher contrast than e-ink.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote