Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
One third ignoring risks of unprotected mobile usage

Using a cell phone without protection is like having sex without any form of contraception: It may lead to catching a virus and to birth of unexpected (and usually unwanted) life forms. The Mobile Usage Survey 2005 conducted by Pointsec (who happens to sell mobile security solutions) found that a third of professionals using mobile devices do not use passwords or any other security protection:

According to the survey, corporate personnel now store huge amounts of corporate data on their mobile devices, including customer contacts, email details, passwords and bank account details as well as personal and private information. Pointsec warns a lost PDA or smartphone with no protection makes easy pickings for common thieves, opportunists, hackers or competitors. And the company says turning a blind eyes to mobile security could have a huge impact on customer confidence, cause an organisation to breach the data protection act or do untold damage to a company's reputation. On a personal level, it could expose users to fraud, embarrass friends or wreck personal lives, the survey revealed.

[via EETimes]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm always aware of the security of my X50v at work and out in public. One staff member at work had a PDA stolen, so I'm very paranoid there, and never leave it lying on my desk when I have to move around.

Because I use it for work (and store a lot of sensitive information on it as a sys admin) I also encrypt _all_ the data with Codewallet Pro, just in case the worst happens.

Even my contacts list in encrypted
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert