Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Anyone know how Karen Miller novels are?

I just saw The Prodigal Mage pop up on Sony's new release newsletter, and since I am on the last novel (for now) of the Dresden Files, I was wondering how her novels are? Anyone with experience?

BTW, my PRS 700 is in repair shop, I never realized how much I would miss my eBook Reader
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
they are very good i really enjoyed the innocent mage trilogy.

good fantasy with heroic sacrifice type stuff, think a cross between Gemmell and tolkien... only obviously not THAT good.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I never could get more than a couple of pages into Innocent Mage, but I've purchased both her books written as KE Mills. I'd classify them as "okay" - there's an unevenness of tone (it varies between lighthearted and angsty), and the hero certainly seems to get physically and/or emotionally tortured a lot, for what started out as a generic inept-wizard fantasy.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I enjoyed the Mage books (she sent them to me for review a few years ago before they were available in the US.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks, will check it out
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert