Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Availability of Asimov's 7 Foundation Books

Although I have always thought of Asimov's Foundation as a trilogy it is actually 7 books: the trilogy, 2 sequels and 2 prequels.

I have found the original trilogy on several ebook sources but I have not been able to find the other 4 books.

My goal is to read all 7 books, in order, and see what I can pick up.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Uncle Eic
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You know, now that you mentioned it, I would like to do so also. Because in my now-shattered memory, I only have bits and pieces in no particular order.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Random House hasn't made the other four books available as ebooks (not yet anyway).

The so called second trilogy written in the same universe after his death is available...
Foundation's Fear by Gregory Benford
Foundation and Chaos by Greg Bear
Foundation's Triumph by David Brin
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Yeah, those 7 books are not all Asimov's. The latter trilogy is pretty (extremely) different in style.

On a decidedly non-ebook side note, I have a hardcover version of the original trilogy that is autographed!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
While I agree that the 3 books written by others are in a different style, the original poster is correct that there are other foundation books written by Asimov. I am on holiday at present and do not have access to my pbook library, but the count should be at least 7 total. These other books also tie the robot stuff to the foundation stuff. Very nice reads as I recall, but it has been years. Also, books such as "A Pebble in the Sky", "The Currents of Space", and "The Stars Like Dust" were counted by Asimov as being in the Foundation Universe. Corrects welcome as I am doing this mostly from memory.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm too lazy to Google it. Does anyone have the list just off the top of his/her head? Like in Foundation universe order? From the fictional earliest to latest? Not publication order, but by the year the books were suppose to represent? Thank you!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

Perfect! Thanks!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:59 AM   #9
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Perfect! Thanks!
I thought you asked for story chronology. I do not have details, but I know the list that was given is publication order, not story order.

Oops, my mistake. I saw the foundation trilogy on top and did not carefully read the rest of the original list. Order given is probably correct, at least I have no reason to dispute it.

Last edited by dgillette.rm; 05-11-2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: misread of previous posts
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
mordax
mordax began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Ooh, thanks for mentioning this. I have to put the Foundation books on my 'to read' list.
mordax is offline   Reply With Quote