Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Skyblue712
Skyblue712 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Screen film

Does one need some type of crystal film like what is used on cell phones and ipods to protect the Kindle 2 screen? I've read the threads about covers, cases, and decorative decals but haven't seen anything any mention of this. Thanks.
Skyblue712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Yes there is. Go to Amazon and enter Kindle screen cover in the search function.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue712 View Post
Does one need some type of crystal film like what is used on cell phones and ipods to protect the Kindle 2 screen?
It's not needed as the Kindle is usually in a case protected when not in use. However some people like them as extra protection for the screen. Some people find they add glare to the screen though.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I purchased one, and then removed it. The added glare was too annoying. I have screen protectors for my other electronic devices, but it's not noticed because lcd screens have back lighting already. The e-ink screen uses ambient light and glare is much more noticeable. Your mileage may vary though.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
Skyblue712
Skyblue712 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks very much, I was concerned about the possibility of glare. I think I'll just depend on the cover to protect the screen.
Skyblue712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I use screen protectors only on touchscreen devices: tablet, PDA, cell phone, etc...

Never needed nor wanted one for my Kindle. Felt that the potential for the protector to interfere with my reading experience was higher than any need to protect the screen from scratches.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I use screen protectors only on touchscreen devices: tablet, PDA, cell phone, etc...

Never needed nor wanted one for my Kindle. Felt that the potential for the protector to interfere with my reading experience was higher than any need to protect the screen from scratches.
Yeah, i have this philosophy too.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote