Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Showing number of books

On the icon for Marvin on the screen on my iPhone 6 Plus, the number 210 shows in the upper right corner. I remember when this became available and I thought it was neat that it showed how many books I had loaded into Marvin. Unfortunately, the number has not changed when I added more books.

I've noticed a few screen shots on the blog showing the Library mode, it snows "All my books" Followed by a number that I'm assuming is the number of books loaded in Marvin. My version doesn't show that.

I'm viewing my ebooks in the mode where there is a small thumbnail of the cover on the left with the book title, author and date I loaded it into Marvin and the % I have read of the book to the right of the cover thumbnail. This is my preferred way of displaying my books.

My main questions are why the number on the Marvin icon has not increased and how can I get the number of ebooks to show up beside "all my books" in the library view.

Though not super important, an interesting added feature that would work with that number would be for the display to read unread books / read books so something like 4/210 I have 4 unread books and 210 that I have read. or even: 4/210/214 unread/read/total books

I look forward to help and suggestions.
Thank you
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
I got my icon to show "all books" by going into the iPad settings, and under the Marvin icon, selected "all books" where it says "Badge". (You probably already did that). But the second step is in Settings, go into Notifications, scroll down to the Marvin Icon, then select it and be sure "Allow Notifications" is On and "Badge App Icon" is On. Then close Marvin and relaunch it. This updated the icon for me. I don't see All My Books in Library view. I only see them if I tap the little book icon in the upper right corner.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did what you said but Marvin does not show up in the Notification area How do I get it to show up there so I can turn notifications on for it??
Old 11-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you using the latest version of Marvin, 2.8.1, and IOS 8? I'm using an iPad mini, not an iPhone. But they use the same universal app, so I am surprised they don't work the same way.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Cesca
Groupie

Maybe I didn't explain well. Go into the Settings Icon on your iPhone, then "Notifications", then find Marvin in the list. Make the changes there.
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Shykat
Groupie

Yes, I'm using iOs 8 and Marvin 2.8.1. Marvin is not showing in my Settings/Notifications area at all.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Cesca
Groupie

Ok, I installed Marvin on my ipod Touch, since I dont have an iPhone. Marvin isn't in my Notifications list on my ipod either! But when I closed, then reopened Marvin, the icon populated the correct amount of books. I'm stumped as to why it's not working on your phone.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
Shykat
Groupie

I'm stumped as well. I would like for it to show correctly but it isn't. Maybe someone else will come along and have other ideas for us.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
Mtnguy
Mtnguy began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad187
There is no 'Marvin' in my Notifications either ... iPad Air 2.
Mtnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
Shykat
Groupie

I even tried to set it to NO or whatever that setting is so there isn't any number showing and the number is still there.

Must be a bug of some sort that it worked when it was first released and no longer does anything.

If that isn't going to work, I really would like to have the total number in the library and the number of unread books to show up similar to that picture in the blog at the top where it says Library.

Any ideas on how to flag this issue so it gets the correct attention?
Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
Rezn8r
Rezn8r began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
My Marvin badge icon is stuck showing the number "62." I read that the last update was supposed to fix the stuck icon, but it's not working in my case. I've updated everything, even uninstalled and reinstalled Marvin, but no go. That just changed the number that shows. Also, Marvin is not showing in my Settings/Notifications area, either.
Rezn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #12
Shykat
Groupie

HHuumm, sounds like a bug that the fix didn't fix. Wonder if anyone else is having the same problem and if there will be a fix for the book number and for Marvin not showing up in Settings/notifications.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
vs40
vs40 is on a distinguished road

Device: KPW 11 JB
I have the same problem, but my badge staked on 46, it was % of reading book.
I'm also tried to restart/reinstall Marvin, but nothing...
vs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #14
Shykat
Groupie

HHuummm, so it seems this is a known problem. I wonder if it is still on the bug list of if it has been pushed onto the back burner as something that is not super important.

Sure would be nice to have it fixed, though.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #15
Shykat
Groupie

Just wondering if this issue is on the To Do list for any of the next updates for Marvin.