Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Fed up with the bugs not fed up!
Fed up with the bugs! 30 32.97%
Neutral no opinion or no comment 21 23.08%
Not fed up it works great for all things! 40 43.96%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #91
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've been following this thread with interest and to be honest its put me off a KOBO ereadeer. I wanted it for the Pocket Integration but i've just found out a way to send Instapaper articles to my Kindle Paperwhite so i guess i'll do that instead and keep my Paperwhite, which I am very happy with.

Until KOBO manage to quash the reputation they have for buggy software they will struggle to compete with Amazon. The Kindles may be far from perfect but they are bug free (compared to what Amazon say they will do)

I test computer systems for a living so I know how difficult it is to create bug free software but I deal with that all day at work, I can't handle dealing with that at home as well. I just don't want to risk over £100 on a chance everything will work okay.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #92
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I was having problems in the library. It took up to 10 seconds to turn the page in my library (more sometimes) then the covers wouldn't load/partially load. The more books I added the worse it got. It would freeze until I had to restart it.

With my Sony I have no problems at all (Once I figured out the problem I had with it) so it was obviously the Kobo, not the books which the people at Kobo and people here tried to convince me.

Kobo had turned me off. Bug after bug and their apparent lack of ability to fix it.
If you are sideloading your books via calibre, use the send covers function. the reason it takes so long is it is making the right size covers. if calibre sends the 3 needed pics, it doesn't have a lag, even if you add lots.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #93
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've been following this thread with interest and to be honest its put me off a KOBO ereadeer. I wanted it for the Pocket Integration but i've just found out a way to send Instapaper articles to my Kindle Paperwhite so i guess i'll do that instead and keep my Paperwhite, which I am very happy with.
The Kobo front-light is far superior to the flawed PW front-light. I recall there was a long thread and poll about all the returned PWs. It worked out that about 30% of users had returned their PW's at least once. So both the PW and the Glo have their problems.

Last edited by Rizla; 09-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #94
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Results so far!

Results so far...

32.94 percent are fed up with the bugs.
22.35 percent are neutral, no comment, no opinion
44.71 percent are not fed up it works for all things

So far it is a close race with almost half are satisfied.

lets keep it rolling weigh in on the results, vote if you have not yet.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #95
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
The problem with this poll, as some others have already remarked, is that there is no option for people who are quite happy in spite of some bugs. I didn't vote for lack of such an option.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #96
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
The problem with this poll, as some others have already remarked, is that there is no option for people who are quite happy in spite of some bugs. I didn't vote for lack of such an option.
Interestingly the last option is all you need to select if your happy with it.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #97
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Not quite. I would have liked an option that did not require me to state that it works great for all things. I am happy with my Aura HD but I'm not going to agree with the mindless cheerleader feeling of your last choice.

You know something like

"Not fed up but feel some longstanding bugs should be addressed before adding new features"

"Not fed up but there is room for improvement"

"I'm happy with my Kobo despite some problems"

"I think the author of this poll is a biased wanker"... Well, maybe not that one.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #98
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
If you really want everybody who feels like me or DNSB to vote for the last option, you have managed to create a poll which defeats your own purpose - it would create a majority of "mindless cheerleaders" (nicely put, David) and Kobo could decide to believe there are no urgent issues at all. I don't think that's your intention, so you should be glad I didn't vote.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #99
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
If you really want everybody who feels like me or DNSB to vote for the last option, you have managed to create a poll which defeats your own purpose - it would create a majority of "mindless cheerleaders" (nicely put, David) and Kobo could decide to believe there are no urgent issues at all. I don't think that's your intention, so you should be glad I didn't vote.
And as in all things you have a right to abstain from voting.