Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Kyobo Mirasol color eink on Ebay for $349

An Ebay seller has the Kyobo color eink reader.

Does anyone own this device or has ever had a chance to play with one? Wondering about English language support, and, well, there was a time when I thought it would make it to the US, but it never did.

It's like seeing the old highschool flame standing at the corner and wondering if you should go say hi and maybe take him home
The longer I stare at the Ebay page, the less I trust myself...

PS: Just noticed that it's $349. Expensive much?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
Incidentally, its an epaper display, not eink (that's a brand). I was lucky enough to get one on Ebay when they first came out. It's a standard android os and you can switch the language to English. Good EReader has an update for it which gives it access to the Google Play Store so essentially you can install any apps or launcher shell you want. As the only consumer device ever produced with a video-capable color epaper display I think the price is a bargain. I love mine.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Znj. Thank you - FINALLY someone who owns one!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I tried to get one when Kyobo Korea had the firesale for $89.-. Unfortunately my credit card didn't have the digital security certification (you have to enter an extra number, like a PIN during the online payment process). By the time I had found a way through the Korean only website and fixed that credit card problem with my bank they were all gone!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
xendula
eBookworm

I read about the firesale, but months too late. So mad at myself for not followig the news for a while
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I read about the firesale, but months too late. So mad at myself for not followig the news for a while
Go easy on yourself --- they were gone in less than 3 days. Besides, even after the hack/upgrade this was running Android 2.3 only with reduced functionality. With that and a miniature 5.7" screen it was fine at $89.- but I sure wouldn't pay 3-400 just to buy a novelty toy.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote