Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
mathieuddd
mathieuddd began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-T1
Unhappy Delete my READER parition and cannot create it back...

Hello,

I (I was) a happy owner of a PRS-T1 for a few weeks.
It was rooted with Boroda/Porkupan and Link2SD was working (sort of...).

Then I decided it's was not good enough and wanted to erase everything to make a clean install for Ruport (I was becoming fed up with Link2SD).

I could have wait for the morning to do it but no, I decided that 4AM and a few belgian Trappists were the ideal moment....

Result : I deleted my READER partition with gparted....
My reader boots and "works" but I cannot install anything.
I tried to recreate it (without belgian beers this time) but without any success
And when a partition is effectively created, I cannot write on, eve as root.

Hope somebody has an answer because I renounce.
Thanks for all the help and this great forum.

Mathieu
mathieuddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Have you tried restoring the device firmware using the reader software ? that should restore the original folders/partitions or if that fails... you could just drink more beer lol
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
mathieuddd

Thanks for the help but I'm afraid it won't work...
In order to update the firmware from linux you need to copy some files to /media/READER
But sadly, this partition is no more...
I think there must be a way to recreate it (after all, it's just a partition) but I really don't know how... Any idea?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Drink more beer.. it won't fix it but you won't care as much... sorry I am out of ideas there is a "restore" process I have seen mentioned on this forum using the sd card maybe someone can advise ?, have you checked out the "reset/restore" thread on this forum ?
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
if you are able to boot into recovery console, you could try to recreate partition table with fdisk.

i posted the original partition table here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=46
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
mathieuddd

Tanks everybody for you help : it's nice to see a community so helpful and reactive.
Finally, I opted for the easiest/laziest solution and went to a friend whose computer is running windows 7. I installed the official sony reader app and, without any error message, restore the partitions table.
So now, I could installed the Ruport root package without any problem. But after all, I think I'll switch back to Boroda/Porkupan's, because on Ruport I cannot get androit market or gmail to work...., which is important to me.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side...

Thanks for the help anyway!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Sony Reader App is able to alter partition table!!!???? Are you sure it just didnt format an already existing partition?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote