Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Stop converting my books to previews

I know there was mention of this a while back, but do many people still see this?

I have had 2 books convert to previews in the last few days

PITA having to delete, re download, open it, skip to the end so it shows as read, then delete the bogus Facebook activity for re opening it
paulsalter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
LolaJay
Enthusiast
LolaJay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I had that happen with one book. I actually emailed Kobo about it and before they responded, the book 'magically' moved back to book status. Weird huh?
LolaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
My experience has been that do not convert to previews, they somehow get the preview label attached. Open the book and check it out.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
skemsley
skemsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I also had one that had the preview label attached, but was not converted to a preview - I think it happened after I was reading a preview, then went back to the full book, although I can't replicate that behaviour now. I cleared it by opening the book that was erroneously labeled as a preview and selecting "Buy Now", but not completing the purchase.
skemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo knows this is an issue. It's not anything you are doing, skemsley.
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for info, i never tried to open the book so it could have just been labeled wrongly

I only noticed it because I finished the books the previous day and they appeared back on my homepage widget as books to read (with preview across them)

will try some of the tips I have seen if it happens again
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic

and it happens again, same boook
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Yeah, I have three actual previews that I requested and 10 faux previews that are really books I own.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic

do you use the kobo mosaic widget, I use this for my latest 3 books and find it an easy way to see what to read next

problem with this now is when it marks a read book as a preview it appears at the front of the widget as a new book to read
Old 06-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite

No, I don't use the widget. I use a 3rd party launcher and the old Kobo Android Apk. They have a new one, released yesterday, but apparently the Vox is not compatible with the new one. I don't read on the Vox all that much. I prefer the lighter weight Touch for reading.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
paulsalter
Fanatic

cheers, will try and live with it

for the info on new android version, not seen that, it now includes a search function (searches store & library)

hopefully get this feature added to vox soon

looks like it has been written for ICS which is why it wont work on the vox
Old 06-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Abacus63
Abacus63 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300, Kindle, Kobo Vox
I consistently have this problem. Books I own show as previews, even if I open them. Kobo customer service initially told me to do a factory reset...I haven't tried it since it sounds like more of a pain than deleting & restoring the books (which works, but doesn't last - they revert back to previews in a few days).
Abacus63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite

@Abacus63 Are they really previews or are they actually your complete books that have somehow picked up the preview label/cover?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
Abacus63
Abacus63 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300, Kindle, Kobo Vox
I've had both - actual previews and books I own labeled as previews. Since I deleted & reloaded those books they are books marked as previews. Strange that it's always the same 3 books that change back & forth.
Abacus63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
paulsalter
Fanatic

It's always the same book for me that does this, it is the full book on there, but because it's flagged as preview I cannot close it

seems to be a Vox issue, as the book is correct on iOS and Android

I try to ignore it and hope that one day it will fix itself