Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #106
tanya.e
tanya.e began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx m92
Smile Thank You!

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for participating in this forum with your feedback, expertise, and opinions. This is truly one of the amazing benefits of the internet. A few days ago I didn't know anything (I mean really, I don't think I knew the difference between an e-reader and a tablet) and thanks to online reviews and forums such as this one, I was able to find the best possible match for my needs and the best possible seller to purchase from. I just purchased an Onyx m92 from ereader-store.de based on all the happy customer feedback here (and Booxter's active participation in this forum). Not only that, it was the lowest price I could find anywhere, the only other one that came close was a seller from the U.S. (I'm in Toronto, Canada - total came to 275 euros or $360 CND). Thanks again everyone for getting in on the discussion, I can't wait to try out my new device.
tanya.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #107
jknighton
jknighton began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hi, I ordered an Onyx Boox M92 from ereader-store.de and paid $34 dollars for shipping at the time of purchase. This already seemed a bit high to me, as I've handled international UPS shipping before.

Then, at the time of accepting the package, I was charged an additional $21.72 by UPS in undisclosed brokerage fees.

What gives? Did others have this same experience with Booxtor and ereader-store.de? I otherwise had a positive experience, but $55 in shipping for a 1 kilogram package is absurd, especially when 40% of it was unexpected to me until the package showed up at my door.
jknighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #108
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Contact ereader-store.de and give this information. May be, it's can help to understand the problem and avoid this problem an other time.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #109
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknighton View Post
Hi, I ordered an Onyx Boox M92 from ereader-store.de and paid $34 dollars for shipping at the time of purchase. This already seemed a bit high to me, as I've handled international UPS shipping before.

Then, at the time of accepting the package, I was charged an additional $21.72 by UPS in undisclosed brokerage fees.

What gives? Did others have this same experience with Booxtor and ereader-store.de? I otherwise had a positive experience, but $55 in shipping for a 1 kilogram package is absurd, especially when 40% of it was unexpected to me until the package showed up at my door.
UPS screw customers on the doorstep with brokerage fees. It's a standard UPS con and zero to do with the retailer. Avoid UPS. I know I do. I'm not sure about other couriers. Probably all the big ones are thieves.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #110
jknighton
jknighton began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Thanks, Rizla.

Unfortunately, UPS is the only carrier through which Booxtor ships to the United States. Oh well.
jknighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #111
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
UPS screw customers on the doorstep with brokerage fees. It's a standard UPS con and zero to do with the retailer. Avoid UPS. I know I do. I'm not sure about other couriers. Probably all the big ones are thieves.
Fedex tries the same thing. I can't speak about ordering from Europe, but when I order from the US to Canada, I find that using USPS/Canada Post is the cheapest and fastest option. They seem to have their Customs brokerage working well, and they don't add extra fees for it. It would be good if USPS/Canada Post had similar arrangements with European mail services.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #112
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknighton View Post

As I already replied, when you buy goods abroad of your country, depending on goods price (or origin) you most likely have to pay import taxes (UPS collects it for local customs /taxation office and calls it brokerage fees). We cannot even estimate the amount of those fees. It depends on goods price, origin, import rules of country of destination (even states and provinces have different rules). We assume customers know those rules, when they place their orders abroad of their countries.

Why did we decide to offer just UPS shipping to oversea?
1. It is EXPRESS delivery which usually costs a couple of hundred EUR, but we could bargain very good conditions. It costs now almost as high as usual postal fees. But customers have their ordered goods within of a couple of days.
2. Former shipping with DHL - packages were always handled by local postal services and very often the quality of the service was just bad (we got quite often complains about damaged packages). Packages to USA, Australia or Canada have been delayed for weeks for customs clearance. Users had anyway to pay those import taxes, but quite inconveniently to customs directly.

The UPS brokerage fees are defenitely not a con or additional shipping fees - just your import taxes, collected by UPS on behalf of the government.. . Our EU customers have to pay German taxes VAT (19%), but for customers from abroad of EU we don't charge German taxes. There is however no guarantee, that you don't have to pay import taxes at all, when your country has rules and thresholds for import of goods. In Germany e.g. we have to pay at least 19% import taxes for every imported goods, when its price is higher than 22 EUR.

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-07-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #113
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
The UPS brokerage fees are defenitely not a con or additional shipping fees - just your import taxes, collected by UPS on behalf of the government.
My experience shipping from the USA to Canada has been outrageous. I assume the same situation exists shipping from Europe to North America. Perhaps America-based posters could share their experiences?

The brokerage / customs & clearance fee that UPS charges is in addition to import taxes. When I ship to Canada using normal American mail (USPS--United States Postal Service), I am never charged brokerage. It is a UPS scam.

ups brokerage fees scam

UPS/FedEx Brokerage Fee – avoid scam

Please bear in mind that in all probability if I cannot find an alternative to shipping to Canada with UPS, I will not buy from you, and I do want to buy from you. I do not trust UPS. They are a dreadful courier. They overcharge and do not deliver when scheduled after I have taken a day off work to be there (without apology). I suggest you google UPS SUCKS.

One alternative may be to offer a non-courier postage option with shipping insurance.

Last edited by Rizla; 06-07-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #114
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
My experience shipping from the USA to Canada has been outrageous. I assume the same situation exists shipping from Europe to North America. Perhaps America-based posters could share their experiences?

The brokerage / customs & clearance fee that UPS charges is in addition to import taxes. When I ship to Canada using normal American mail (USPS--United States Postal Service), I am never charged brokerage. It is a UPS scam.

ups brokerage fees scam

UPS/FedEx Brokerage Fee – avoid scam

Please bear in mind that in all probability if I cannot find an alternative to shipping to Canada with UPS, I will not buy from you, and I do want to buy from you. I do not trust UPS. They are a dreadful courier. They overcharge and do not deliver when scheduled after I have taken a day off work to be there (without apology). I suggest you google UPS SUCKS.

One alternative may be to offer a non-courier postage option with shipping insurance.
Following your links I have found this document: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...,d.ZGU&cad=rja where the UPS brokerage rates are quite detailed explained.

I have additionally contacted UPS for explanation and they told me that indeed with "brokerage fees" they mean not just import taxes. To be able to know what could be charged to our customers in the USA and Canada on duties and taxes additionally I would like to ask you guys to publish here screen shots of your UPS invoices with decoding of those brokerage fees.
E.g. those mentioned above $21.72 could be indeed just import taxes, since it looks like just 6,7% of value of imported goods..
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #115
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Booxtor, is it still possible to get the discount code?
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #116
Hermes_pan
Hermes_pan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why are al;l youtubes on Onyx (or is in Newton?) in Russian?

I wanted to SEE a review, but almost everything is in Russian language.

Does this mean customer service and interface is also in Russian?
Hermes_pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #117
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes_pan View Post
I wanted to SEE a review, but almost everything is in Russian language.

Does this mean customer service and interface is also in Russian?
I don't know why russian users in this particular regard are more active on youtube as other
Actually there are quite a lot of videos of M92 in other languages too..
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=onyx+boox+m92