Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Rcb51
Rcb51 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Remove book from Kindle?????

I have uploaded several books to my Kindle through Calibre. How do I remove them when finished from my Kindle? HELP PLEASE!
Rcb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
On the Kindle home screen, navigate to the listing for the ebook and press the left arrow. You will get a prompt to delete the ebook (use the back key to cancel). I had to read the manual to find this, it is not at all obvious - even though there is a little left arrow mark next to the title.

In Calibre, connect the Kindle by USB select the device icon to see the ebooks on your device. Select one or more ebooks (click on first then shift click on last to select all between the selections) right click and choose delete from device.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Rcb51

Whenever I delete a book from Kindle it appears in the archives.
When I uploaded the book through Calibre to Kindle, I deleted the book from Calibre and my computer. The book does not show up on manage Kindle Amazon web page.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
wiltayx
wiltayx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have a problem deleting books in Touch, where there is no arrow on the Kindle next to the item. Thus I can only delete through Calibre, which unfortunately doesn't have every item listed and the items are also not in the Amazon Kindle library. Anyone figure out how to delete this kind of thing?
wiltayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltayx View Post
I have a problem deleting books in Touch
Press and hold the item on the home screen - you should get a dialog box with delete as an option. Also, all titles should show up in Calibre if you connect via USB and select the Device icon.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the Touch not supplied with a User Guide which explains this?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
wiltayx
wiltayx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
It's strange, but all the items do not appear in Calibre when connected this way. The help online for the Touch is flaky and it's not even for Touch sometimes. Pressing and holding the items works though! Thank you.
wiltayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
r.burrell
r.burrell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
In the touch user guide, it says to press and hold the book you want to delete. I says a screen will pop up. It has many options, add to collecdtion, go to, book description, search this book, view notes and marks, and move to archived items, but no DELETE option. No matter how I try, I cannot delete a book! It shouldn't be this hard to do.
r.burrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Move to Archived Items" means "Delete". This is presumably a book you've bought from Amazon?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
r.burrell
r.burrell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Yes, I bought it from Amazon. It goes to archive, then you try to remove it from there so it isn't anywhere in the kindle, but it is still there! Finally, I opened amazon in my laptop and deleted it there. Now it is gone. Seems like there should be an easier way to delete a book after you have read it.
r.burrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.burrell View Post
Yes, I bought it from Amazon. It goes to archive, then you try to remove it from there so it isn't anywhere in the kindle, but it is still there! Finally, I opened amazon in my laptop and deleted it there. Now it is gone. Seems like there should be an easier way to delete a book after you have read it.
Most people don't want to permanently delete a book from Amazon's servers; they may wish to re-read it in the future. That's why it's intentionally difficult to delete a book from the Archive. If you wanted to read the book again, you'd now have to re-purchase it.

You do realise that the books you see in the Archive are NOT on your Kindle? The Archive shows the list of books that you've bought, but which are not currently loaded on your Kindle. Those books are stored for you on Amazon's servers, ready to be download to your Kindle when you want to read them.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
Rcb51

I uploaded several books through Calibre. I hooked up my Kindle $79 to the laptop and deleted them. Today I looked at my Kindle and the books I wanted to delete are still there. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The easiest way to do it is to go into Calibre, with the Kindle connected, then right click on the books that you want to delete, and select "Remove from device" from the pop-up menu.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
Rcb51

I uploaded a book from epub and Calibre to Amazon. When I connect my device and delete from device with Calibre it is still in the archive on my Kindle. Does anyone know how I can remove it?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You delete content from the Archive using the "Manage my Kindle" page on Amazon's web site. You do know, though, that items in the Archive are not on your Kindle?