Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Pulse

Have you tried Pulse yet? I played a little bit with it, posted a comment in a book and now, since I had to login my Facebook account to post in Pulse I can see my profile picture in the book readers list
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Just tried it once it seems pretty fun. Expect it to get better when more people get the vox over the next few days
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
Just tried it once it seems pretty fun. Expect it to get better when more people get the vox over the next few days
The pace of input would pick up very quickly if the Android and iPad apps were updated with Pulse very soon. That certainly would enhance the experience of Vox owners.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
The pace of input would pick up very quickly if the Android and iPad apps were updated with Pulse very soon. That certainly would enhance the experience of Vox owners.
Agreed. I think Pulse is going to be pretty dead until it's expanded to the rest of the tablets/phones. So far, I am the only one posting on a couple of popular books, despite the fact that there are a lot of people reading or liking those books.

Anyone know if the Kobo Touch or WiFi are supposed to get it? If you look on the comparison specs, it says that neither have Pulse and only the Touch has Reading Life. I thought I read somewhere that at least the KT was supposed to get Pulse...true?

I am not quite sure how it works...I had to log in to facebook, and it has my facebook profile listing in reading life - so I assume that there is some sort of virtual facebook page that has book comments on it (not a physical facebook page) - does that sound like a correct interpretation?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Both the WiFi and Touch will get it, so says Michael Serbinis, the CEO.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Both the WiFi and Touch will get it, so says Michael Serbinis, the CEO.
Yay! Hopefully soon!

Now...is there any way to get Pulse on sideloaded books?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If Pulse does its magic through a connection to the Kobo servers (like sync), I wouldn't hold my breath for that pokee. I do like that we can do the share to facebook and annotations on the Vox.

Last edited by taming; 11-03-2011 at 04:39 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote