Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
LostSock
Enthusiast
LostSock began at the beginning.

Device: none
L shape image with caption?

Is there any way to have an L shaped image (it's actually two images that I've combined in photoshop) with a caption in the open space?

I've tried using the non-rectangular image code as provided in the stickied thread, but no matter which one I try, I can't get them to work properly. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out through instructions, but I just <b>can't</b> get this.

I absolutely appreciate any help, and have attached an example of the image I'm working with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arrgh.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	76242  
LostSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I foresee odd things happening when someone resizes the font and your caption no longer fits in your little rectangle... But of course I haven't tried it

Perhaps - just a thought - it might be better to Photoshop your caption into the space and make it one simple rectangle. Certainly easier
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
LostSock
Enthusiast

That's my back up plan, hahaha!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Why don't split the two images and then combine them both and the caption in a <div> with "page-break-inside: avoid"?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
LostSock
Enthusiast

I'll give it a shot, thanks Jellby!
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Here you go

Here's something you can try, the size of both the caption and the picture will change with font-size, so it'll stay in place.

PNG with transparency
negative margin on the caption

Obviously you'll have to play around with the numbers and test on a device to make sure you get a set that work for your particular text + picture.
Attached Files
File Type: epub LikeThis.epub (191.4 KB, 195 views)
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote