Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Camera on Pocket Edge & Ermine

Hi there,

As this is our new home after the closing of the Entourage forum, I almost repost this about the camera app.
Dingo Camera app on the Edge add a few more settings (autofocus, size of picture) than the one on Ermine. (Only 1 size available 1600x1200)
I noticed also that the pictures tends to be greenish, especially in low light conditions.

I start this thread to discuss possible solutions and or apps for getting a decent camera application on the Edge.
Since now, I tried Camera 360 and Sleek Camera.

* Camera 360 doesn't even starts on the PE.

* Sleek Camera runs on the PE ! ... but the additional setting available is the autofocus settings. All others ( picture size, zoom level, white balance ... are fixed by default, as if the camera doesn't allow to change them.) I did not succeed to take a picture with the app though ;-(

Have you tried other apps ? Have you any idea on how to get a functional camera on the PE ?
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
If you were a reptile, the greenish tinge would look very handsome. (Incidentally, the video app doesn't make things greener than they are.)
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I don't really used cameras on EE or PE, but don't understand how would you use EE camera except for self-picture and video. Camera on PE much more versatile located. Would you share how would you use camera on PE and EE?
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larka View Post
Would you share how would you use camera on PE and EE?
I always assumed the original intention on the EE was to have the device folded over so that the camera would face towards the teacher at the front of a classroom, and you could write notes or consult the e-ink reader facing yourself.

But the placement on the PE, where you could preview the image while aiming the camera, makes a lot more practical sense.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Then how do you operate camera and see what it is filming/taking picture. All the controls are on tablet screen facing away from you. Am I missing something? I have EE now (for reading 2 column pdf) for all the rest, but mostly use PE
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larka View Post
Then how do you operate camera and see what it is filming/taking picture.
You can't, so that's probably why they changed it.

But the way it is now, if you want to record something with the camera (and I was thinking of video more than still photos), you can't use the e-ink side for taking notes because it will be facing away from you.

It seemed to me that if they were claiming a feature like recording a lecture (by video), they would probably have thought in the beginning that you should be able to be taking notes as you're filming your lecture. In practice, though, that was never really going to work. (Neither the filming, nor the taking notes with the journal side standing up straight, facing you.)
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote