Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Inexpensive K3 case/cover?

Has anyone compared the TrendyDigital flip case to the Javoedge mimo flip case? The price difference is about $3 when shipping (free and otherwise) is taken into account. Does the back stand add bulk and weight to the case?

Trendydigital flip:

Javoedge mimo flip:

I'm not really looking for a stand type case, but am thinking more along the lines that a side-opening case would feel bigger on the left than on the right when folded over in the reading position. That lack of symmetry could possibly be distracting. Then again, it may be no big deal since I would think the right page button would be the most used.

Trendydigital maxguard side opening case:

I considered the DuraGadget series but don't like how the part that faces the screen is on the bottom when open. While the price is attractive, the potential for damaging the screen appears higher.

Duragadget case:

I like the lighted Kindle case but don't want to spend $60 on it. I'd prefer to be in the $20-25 range but haven't seen much in that price range that I like. I don't think I'll do that much reading in the dark anyhow. The covers referenced above look like they won't interfere with operating the K3 buttons. Some covers look they may be intrusive in that regard where there are corner stops for the K3 to rest in on the bottom.

Crazyondigital case:

Any other good options you might suggest?

Last edited by speedlever; 11-26-2010 at 09:18 PM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I bought the CrazyOnDigital case. I got it on sale for less than $11 shipped. It's real leather and I like the magnetic latch. The bottom right holder doesn't interfere with the BACK button, but it is annoying when I try to press the right arrow on the directional pad. Overall, I'm quite happy with it and no intention on getting another case.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Thanks for your feedback kevinp.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought the Dpad would have been affected. I thought perhaps the up arrow and the back button might be compromised.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Take your K3 to Staples/OfficeMax/Whatever and look over generic cases and covers. I bought a tough leather zip case for an 'At-a-Glance' planner book which had a pocket meant for a note pad that fit fine. I has enough room for the cable as well. If I forego the jetBook's case, the opposite side has another pocket that it will fit into, although it makes the case rather bulky.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
cbb77
cbb77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I actually have the Trendydigital Maxguard case side case and love it. It is really plush and holds the K3 well. You can read my review here:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...c,40380.0.html

I highly recommend it.
cbb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
speedlever
Fanatic

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize there was a case review forum.

Did you consider the flip style?

How is the interior as far as attracting lint, etc.?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
cbb77
cbb77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
No, I really wanted a book style case. However, I believe their flip would be identical except for the direction of the cover. As far as lint, yes the black interior definitely attracts lint. Not too bad, but definitely noticeable. Overall though still very happy with the case. Originally I had the Amazon lighted case and like the Trendydigital a whole lot more.
cbb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
speedlever
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
Take your K3 to Staples/OfficeMax/Whatever and look over generic cases and covers.
snip
Don't have it yet Jack. It will be a Christmas present. But I get to pick it out.