Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Kindle poolside!

I have discovered that vacuum sealing my PPW works even better than when I vacuum sealed my old Sony PRS700. I sealed it almost a month ago, when I took a long soak in the tub. I decided there was no reason to take it out, until it needs charging. The only problem I ever had, w/ any of my readers, was getting a snug seal, but not so tight that the buttons are depressed. It was impossible w/ the K2, but since the PPW only has one button, it's perfect!

Spoiler:

Last edited by SolRaven; 05-10-2013 at 03:24 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
That looks pretty good! Does it have any effect on the light or touchscreen?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Anchor? I liked his TED talk and I got his book, but I haven't read it yet.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
That looks pretty good! Does it have any effect on the light or touchscreen?
None at all. Since this is about as close as I can get to having clean edges, I would probably make that right edge longer so that it's easier to hold back with one hand. Right now it's not as short as I'd like, and not long enough to easily hold back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Anchor? I liked his TED talk and I got his book, but I haven't read it yet.
Yes, Shawn Achor. I haven't read it either. I think, his greatest strength, is in the spoken word. Unfortunately, his written word, is coming across a little flat.

Last edited by SolRaven; 05-11-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Bought a waterproof Kindle 3 case off eBay for my PW. It's a little bit too big for the PW but I'm just happy to finally have something to read while kickboarding (something I've dreamed of since my Sony PRS-300 days) -- gives me motivation to stay in the pool and work out just a little bit longer

xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I'm just happy to finally have something to read while kickboarding (something I've dreamed of since my Sony PRS-300 days) -- gives me motivation to stay in the pool and work out just a little bit longer
How do you remember to stop at the end of the pool if you are busy reading?!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
How do you remember to stop at the end of the pool if you are busy reading?!
Peripheral vision

The waves sometimes cause a page turn though, so maybe more time is actually spent swimming vs reading.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #8
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Bought a waterproof Kindle 3 case off eBay for my PW. It's a little bit too big for the PW but I'm just happy to finally have something to read while kickboarding (something I've dreamed of since my Sony PRS-300 days) -- gives me motivation to stay in the pool and work out just a little bit longer
I thought about you today. I was in the pool and couldn't decide if I should do a few laps or read. That's when I realized that if I had vacuum sealed my reader, and bought a kick board, before I got in the pool, I could've done both!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #9
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I thought about you today. I was in the pool and couldn't decide if I should do a few laps or read. That's when I realized that if I had vacuum sealed my reader, and bought a kick board, before I got in the pool, I could've done both!
LOL You should try it one of these days. The water lapping up against the screen sometimes causes inadvertent page turns though, something to watch out for.

You can also get a really good workout by walking in knee-deep water (with your Kindle to stave off boredom)
Old 06-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #10
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
LOL You should try it one of these days. The water lapping up against the screen sometimes causes inadvertent page turns though, something to watch out for.

You can also get a really good workout by walking in knee-deep water (with your Kindle to stave off boredom)
I was looking at all the cool kickboards that they have online, then realized that if I want to read, while kicking, I probably shouldn't get a cool training board.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I was looking at all the cool kickboards that they have online, then realized that if I want to read, while kicking, I probably shouldn't get a cool training board.
Yup, definitely stick to the plain, boring ones.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:

Thank you for this pic! I have several of these and I use it with my kindle when in the bath. I've never dropped it but always wondered just how waterproof they are and now I know.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #13
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My daughter sailed away on Christmas Day in 2005 and with her family has since put 60,000 nautical miles onto their boat. She bought two Sony Readers and I got a Gutenberg Guy to provide a DVD of a thousand public domain books. The Sonys have since been supplemented by three Kindles, and all five devices are still working fine (the Kindles) or more or less fine (the Sonys) after having been north of the Arctic Circle, south to Antarctica, twice transAtlantic and once transPacific, and two seasons in the tropics.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Thank you for this pic! I have several of these and I use it with my kindle when in the bath. I've never dropped it but always wondered just how waterproof they are and now I know.
Glad to help!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Is that really safe? hihihihi. Soooooooo scary. eeeee :O
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote