Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
In what way "Don't work..."

What does your crash log say.

Have you installed the required things to make it work.

I'll go test it on my 4 now...

EDIT. Works perfectly well on my 4.

Go install the requirements. Read the Docs... If I have to guess you haven't installed the shared developers keystore. OR something.

Installing the KUAL prerequisites would have you covered to run this.

Last edited by twobob; 03-29-2013 at 07:26 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #152
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
It also improves the handling of Secure Store - Please check and see if you can save the game now and the ".secure_store" file is in the metadata directory. Thanks for testing...
Thank you for your effort to improve the game. I have just tested the new version. The game still can't be saved, and there is no ".secure_store" file in the metadata directory.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #153
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
the same bug is still there in v 0.1.4. the Side button will move the pieces of KT opponent, as well as that of the human player.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #154
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did he push the source yet? Maybe we could just jump in and have a look why...
Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #155
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
my bad, the Side button works fine. i was confused by the pieces moved after changing of side.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #156
twobob

ah yeah... A little "Delay" would be nice
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #157
x13n0114
x13n0114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
In what way "Don't work..."

What does your crash log say.

Have you installed the required things to make it work.

I'll go test it on my 4 now...

EDIT. Works perfectly well on my 4.

Go install the requirements. Read the Docs... If I have to guess you haven't installed the shared developers keystore. OR something.

Installing the KUAL prerequisites would have you covered to run this.
The 5 way controller doesn't select pieces.
Can u give me a link of the one u used so I know which one to try.

Thanks
x13n0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #158
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by x13n0114 View Post
Yeah! Everyone will go through the SAME fluctuation when they first try to make their Kindle working "Outside the normal limitation" with EXTRA features.

You need to do a sequence of things (In correct order) before the Chinese Chess Program works, and cannot missing one of them:

1. Kindle Device Jailbreak (Search this forum for jailbreak your model), there are so many links about it...

For K4 jailbreak, try this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191158

2. Kindlet Jailbreak - Don't know whether you need this, but it allows you to read other file formats, so why not...

3. Developer Certificates - Installed the file from the link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=90

The pre-requisites document for KUAL is in the attachment of the following link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Good Luck!
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #159
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Thanks to all!!

Hey guys!!

I just jailbroke my devive for this great game!!

I haven't played it yet, but I got some ideas to improve the experience. I read the whole thread and I came up with some suggestions.

1. It would be interest if we could turn the black pieces upsidedown (black pieces facing the opponent, not you), then it would fell more real.

2. A possibility to get a record of all moves of the game.

There is this website that I believe it's best site for xianqi in English.
http://www.xqinenglish.com/

Here you can get some ideas about strategies, moves and everything else. And it explains how the moves notation for xianqi should be written down.

Tks again.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #160
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by x13n0114 View Post
The 5 way controller doesn't select pieces.

Thanks
Hmm...

Perhaps this is correct after all.

By "Works perfectly well" I should have said "Runs Perfectly Well" I did not play the game per se on that device...

It may may have a "piece selection" bug.
This I did not test.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #161
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwing View Post
Hey guys!!

I just jailbroke my devive for this great game!!

I haven't played it yet, but I got some ideas to improve the experience. I read the whole thread and I came up with some suggestions.

1. It would be interest if we could turn the black pieces upsidedown (black pieces facing the opponent, not you), then it would fell more real.
Yeah! I am very happy if more people like this game!

Don't know how hard to "mirror" the chess pieces, but will try - Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Quote:

2. A possibility to get a record of all moves of the game.

There is this website that I believe it's best site for xianqi in English.
http://www.xqinenglish.com/

Here you can get some ideas about strategies, moves and everything else. And it explains how the moves notation for xianqi should be written down.
I have a look at the web site and you are right - It has a lot of good stuff there!

Although I have found a few bugs in the examples, but hey, who doesn't make mistakes? I am thinking may be I could "copy" some of the ideas from it for the Chess Editor and game history that I am going to build...

Thanks for the sharing...
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #162
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hmm...

Perhaps this is correct after all.

By "Works perfectly well" I should have said "Runs Perfectly Well" I did not play the game per se on that device...

It may may have a "piece selection" bug.
This I did not test.
Sorry guys, I have tried to compile the project for K3 and K4 but without success. It is because I don't have the KDK for K3 & K4 which consist of keyboard functions... So cannot help to debug it.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #163
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Sorry guys, I have tried to compile the project for K3 and K4 but without success. It is because I don't have the KDK for K3 & K4 which consist of keyboard functions... So cannot help to debug it.
You don't really need the KDK - almost nobody here has it, because Amazon won't let us participate

You only need the jar files, which you can extract from the debrick images.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #164
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Yeah! I am very happy if more people like this game!

Don't know how hard to "mirror" the chess pieces, but will try - Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Tks, that would be great for 2-player game. What about adding a "book" cover?

Cheers.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #165
twobob

I already pushed him the info for adding the cover.