Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 01-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Unable to convert RSS feeds

Hi,

I have been trying, rather usuccessfully, to convert some rss feeds from my local paper.

The link to the rss feeds are here http://info.detnews.com/rss/index.cfm and I am totally baffled.

Just a little info, these feeds were working for me and then they were changed and They totally do not convert now.

I do know there are programs to view these other than Isilo but I like to have them as I silo files.

Any help would be appreciated.

David
Old 01-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I just tried one of the RSS links with iSiloX 4.3 and I got an "unsupported file type" error message. The fine developers at the iSilo forums might have more insight to what changed over time that broke those RSS conversions.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's not iSilo's fault; the RSS feeds don't validate, e.g.:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?u...1%26mime%3Dxml

You should contact your local newspaper and kindly ask them to fix the feeds.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Harpgliss

You might wnat to try Newsradier. This allows you to write a script very easily for any news source. Its ideal for getting news sites that have no Syndication. If you need any help just ask

You can downlaod it from:

www.yadabyte.com

Best wishes

Mat Ripley
CEO
Yadabyte.com
My Blog: http://www.salted.net/

For nearly a decade Yadabyte (formerly Proporta Software) have been producing innovating, ground breaking technology stretching applications for 6 platforms. Including TomeRaider, NewsRaider, MondoPondo, Eyemage, proLock, ProBackup, ProLock and the 22Play series.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Mat, will you stop plugging your product in each and every thread where someone has a problem with another product?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #6
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Mat, will you stop plugging your product in each and every thread where someone has a problem with another product?
Hi. Its not really plugging the product is it? Its imparting relevant information? And you make it sound like I do this lots, I have left about 3 pots replies in as many months

Anyway, sorry, I will be extra careful in future

Mat
Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Smile Jah bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsRaider
Hi. Its not really plugging the product is it? Its imparting relevant information? And you make it sound like I do this lots, I have left about 3 pots replies in as many months

Anyway, sorry, I will be extra careful in future
My apologies, but I saw your "Newsraider does this or that" postings several times the past few weeks. IMO it's really bad form to promote your own product in an unrelated thread for an entirely different product, regardless of the good intentions you may have. My objection is that it doesn't help the original poster in any way. I'm sure Newsraider is a great product and deserves recognition, but this is not the way to go about promoting it. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #8
MatYadabyte
Zealot

Hi Laurens,

Yes I see your point. To be honest I read MobileRead using the Find new Posts link so dont really see what groups are where

Also, I should say, that in the last 5 months I have only posted in total to 8 threads, a number of which I started

There is a big difference between promiting and informing

Best wishes and peace,

Mat
Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Hi,

Thank you for saying this.

I did, in my post, make it clear that I wanted to continue to use Isilo but correct whatever was keeping these feeds from converting.

TadW, I will take your advice and contact the website and ask them to correct these.

Thanks for the info.

I will share an update as soon as I know something.

David