Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #46
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
I take it that this will re-enable the Sigilsplit button in BV? (The #1 most used feature of BV that I use.)
I'm in the same situation.

I have uploaded the issue 1467 (Chapter Break disabled in view book), and user_none has responded: This is by design because it currently does not work properly.

The truth is that I have never had any problems with this function.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #47
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can we establish whether, when everything is working to design:

-Chapter Break will work again in Page View
-There will at least be the option to synch cursor position between Page and Code view? (I would find it very inconvenient if this remained broken.)

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #48
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
I'm in the same situation.

I have uploaded the issue 1467 (Chapter Break disabled in view book), and user_none has responded: This is by design because it currently does not work properly.

The truth is that I have never had any problems with this function.
Chapter Break worked fine in 0.5.3, but the major changes for 0.6.0 mean that it no longer works in the Beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Can we establish whether, when everything is working to design:

-Chapter Break will work again in Page View
-There will at least be the option to synch cursor position between Page and Code view? (I would find it very inconvenient if this remained broken.)
The intention is to get Chapter Break to work again in Book View.

Syncing between Code View and Book View is no longer supported and not planned.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #49
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
The intention is to get Chapter Break to work again in Book View.
That's great!
Quote:
Syncing between Code View and Book View is no longer supported and not planned.
That's not so great :-( My first reaction is that it's quite a big step backwards. But perhaps I'm missing something. Could you tell me what was the thinking behind this change?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
And here I always thought they were the same thing. Of course I can't remember what a keyboard said on it 26 years ago when I first was learning DOS 1.0 and I know my keyboard currently says "Enter" but I've always made the assumption that Return/Enter did the same exact thing. Damn now I have to go and change my shortcut as well. Funny it was working just fine right up to the point I read this post and them blammo it just stopped working for me.

Sorry theducks. It's early morning here and I just couldn't resist
I have been to your town. There is this Whirlpool there that tried to eat my dad boat

Windows enter is CRLF where there is CR or LF on ASCII Terminals (and other OS). Ducks goes back BEFORE MSDOS.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #51
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
There is no syncing of the cursor between views anymore.

The plan is to leave the cursor where you left it in the specific view (if possible). So if you edit in CV and then switch to BV and move around, when you switch to CV again your cursor should be where you left it.
Just reading through this again. Does no cursor syncing mean that I have to actually search for my cursor position from the top (or bottom) of the document every time I want to switch between code/book view? Or something else?

If it's the former, as much as I like the new features of 0.6 and unless I've misunderstood this issue, I'm sticking with Sigil 0.5.3, which allows me to quickly make and check changes between views.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #52
exaltedwombat
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Just reading through this again. Does no cursor syncing mean that I have to actually search for my cursor position from the top (or bottom) of the document every time I want to switch between code/book view? Or something else?

If it's the former, as much as I like the new features of 0.6 and unless I've misunderstood this issue, I'm sticking with Sigil 0.5.3, which allows me to quickly make and check changes between views.
That's what's worrying me too. When I see a problem in Book view that requires code-level correction, I highlight the offending section and press F11. I'm immediately directed to the relevant code. I can't see much point in being taken to the PREVIOUS bit of code I'd worked on!

This wouldn't be a showstopper preventing me from using 0.6 - some of the other features seem excellent! But it would certainly seem an inconvenience.

The inline TOC feature is a nice touch. It's essential to have this when publishing on Amazon and using the "Look inside" feature. However much, or little, of the book you choose to reveal, it's surely essential to provide a Contents page as an overview. No longer having to use an external application to construct one is very helpful. The stylesheet linker will be a boon to those of us who don't ALWAYS plan ahead fully before splitting into chapters! And the hyperlink support looks very promising.

But would it be impossible to give us back positioning sync between the two views?

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 06-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Beta Linux please on my laptop Linux version is much more stable and fast
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #54
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
But would it be impossible to give us back positioning sync between the two views?
One could stick a line of

{ name: 'document', items: ['Source'] },

to get a menuitem, that will allow you to edit the sourcecode in CKEditor directly.

That will probably result in other problems ...

in the CKEditors config.js (on Windows it seems, that you have to edit the original config.js - sticking a ckeditor_config.js in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\ just give you CKEditor's default menu, whatever you do put in it (haven't experimented much).

Anyway, the direction, Sigil is taking presently compells me to stick with 5.3. The CKEditor may not be so good an idea after all? Seems to be creating more problems than the opposite ...

Regards

Kim
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #55
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Beta Linux please on my laptop Linux version is much more stable and fast
You'll need to build the Linux beta version from source if you want to try it.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #56
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Chapter Break worked fine in 0.5.3, but the major changes for 0.6.0 mean that it no longer works in the Beta.
So a suggestion would be to digress back to 0.5.3 then?

Has there been an explanation for why say a title page image will disappear when editing? Like I will open a book and as standard, it will open with titlepage.xhtml as the first portion open but it won't display the cover image.

I might have missed it going through 8 pages of the first beta thread.

Last edited by mesquite; 06-24-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #57
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The complete BookView has been rewritten due to a lot of issues with it. As a result, certain things don't work anymore, either by design or due to being a beta.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #58
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
Anyway, the direction, Sigil is taking presently compells me to stick with 5.3. The CKEditor may not be so good an idea after all? Seems to be creating more problems than the opposite ...
I have to agree with you on this.

If it becomes a choice between this editor and BV/CV cursor sync my vote would be to pitch the editor. Having to search for your place every time you switch between CV and/or BV is too time consuming and these switches are needed many, many times in the creation or editing of a book.

Regards - John
Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #59
exaltedwombat
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I have to agree with you on this.

If it becomes a choice between this editor and BV/CV cursor sync my vote would be to pitch the editor. Having to search for your place every time you switch between CV and/or BV is too time consuming and these switches are needed many, many times in the creation or editing of a book.

Regards - John
I guess there must be over-riding advantages in the new editor that made the programmers decide it was worth ditching cursor synch between views? Are they discussed anywhere?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #60
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Having to search for your place every time you switch between CV and/or BV is too time consuming and these switches are needed many, many times in the creation or editing of a book.
I realize I probably don't represent the majority of Sigil users, but it's important to keep in perspective that different people use it differently. I don't really use Book View for much of anything—Split View, not at all—so all this talk of syncing between the views is mostly lost on me. But I accept the fact that it seems to be important to others.
Closed Thread