Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 05:03 AM   #1
damienn
damienn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre reimports pdf in place of visualizing them

I have upgraded to kubuntu20, and now, each time I try to visualise a pdf, calibre reimports it, a first windows opens ans says "reading metadata and adding to library", then a new windows pops and says "duplicate found", then if I clic on ok, a new entry is shown in calibre.

The only way to read the pdf is to to alt+v and choose the okular reader, which is now realy conveniant.

I have uninstalled calibre with apt remove purge
Then reinstalled it manually with the guidelines provided in calibre site (ubuntu version was calibre4.99 and now it's version 4.16)

I have another calibre version on arch linux and no issue with kde.

Haven't found an option to modify this behavior...
damienn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you (or more likely your desktop environment) have set calibre as the default program to open PDF in your desktop settings. Change it to okular or whatever you want and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
damienn
damienn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Solved, thank you !
damienn is offline   Reply With Quote