Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
zorrodee666
zorrodee666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd Edition
PDF compressed when sent with Calibre Wireless Connection (fixed for me now)

Hi,
I'm trying to send PDF's (that are made of images only) to my Kobo device with Calibre Wireless connection. I drag the PDF into Calibre and then send to device in Koreader latest version. In my Kobo Aura 2nd Edition the file size has changed. Also sometimes I get blank pages later in the PDF.

If I copy the PDF directly using the USB wire it works fine. How do I turn off the compression when sending with Calibre?

This is how I do it right now:
1. Drop PDF (made of images Jpeg) from computer into Calibre Latest Linux Mint 18.
2. Turn on Calibre Wireless Connection
3. In Latest Koreader for Kobo Aura I press connect in Calibre Wireless Connection.
4. In Calibre, click send to device then send to main memory.
5. PDF is now in folder on Koreader, but the size is now smaller.

Why does the PDF change size?

(Update
Seems to be fixed for me:
1. Turn on Calibre Wireless Connection
2. Connect Calibre Wireless connection in Koreader
3. When Koreader recognized in Calibre, go to Device then configure this device
4. Cover Thumbnail compression quality set to 99 stops my PDF errors.

Last edited by zorrodee666; 03-23-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: More information
zorrodee666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This might be a question better suited to the Calibre subforum, but in short, yes, that's not surprising when using Calibre's send to device.

You can try setting the output profile to "Tablet" (I think?), it might limit the processing applied to images .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert