Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Annotations Exporter

In February 2012 Yoths wrote a small tool for exporting annotations from the Sony PRS-T1 to HTML. After a few updates he disappeared from the forum and I have been unable to contact him. He did leave behind the sourcecode.

The program still does contains some bugs and I took it upon myself to try to squash those bugs. Not only that, but I also extended the program to also export annotations (and markings) from the Kobo readers that support annotations. Therefore I renamed the application from 'PRST1AnnotationExporter' to 'Annotation Exporter'.

This is the first release.

It supports:
- Highlights (text selection) for Sony PRS-Tx and Kobo
- Text annotations (text selection + typed note) for Sony PRS-Tx and Kobo
- Drawing annotations (text selection + painted note) Sony PRS-Tx only
- For ePub books, the original selected text can be expanded (e.g. to avoid the 200-characters-limit).
- Design your own export style, default and simple included

It DOES NOT support:
- Drawing annotations made by painting directly on a page (without text selection)

It still contains one bug that sometimes appears while exporting to HTML that has to do with the text expansion. I cannot fix this without a testcase. If other bugs turn up, please let me know.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotation Export_1.0_setup.zip (1.90 MB, 934 views)

Last edited by Toxaris; 07-15-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version is released. Some bugs squashed and now it is also possible to delete annotations (per book) directly on the reader for maintenance purposes.

This version can be retrieved from my site, see my signature for the link.
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #3
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast
bentleymaniac began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Errors

Hi, I'm using a Kobo Glo HD, and keep getting this error:

Error getting books information:startIndex cannot be larger than lenght of string. Parameter name: startIndex.

What's going wrong?
bentleymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard

Frankly, I wouldn't know. In the program there is no variable startIndex. Can you tell me what you tried that gave this error? Can you see the books at all when you select the Kobo reader?

I would need the .kobo directory of your reader to see what is going on. That way I would be able to simulate the activity.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #5
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Frankly, I wouldn't know. In the program there is no variable startIndex. Can you tell me what you tried that gave this error? Can you see the books at all when you select the Kobo reader?
The error occurred when trying to load the reader's contents.

Quote:
I would need the .kobo directory of your reader to see what is going on. That way I would be able to simulate the activity.
Am I legally allowed to provide the contests of my .kobo folder? it does contain purchased ebooks both with and without DRM.
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 01:20 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleymaniac View Post
The error occurred when trying to load the reader's contents.

Am I legally allowed to provide the contests of my .kobo folder? it does contain purchased ebooks both with and without DRM.
No, it should not contain the books. Anyway, I am not interested in the books at all, only in the other files in that directory. So, you could exclude the books if they might be in there.
If there are books in there, could you please include a filelisting of the directory?
Old 06-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #7
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast

sorry for not replying earlier, I've been busy with Uni.
I will send my .kobo folder to you via private message, if that's alright.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
The dates of the messages is very old, could the plugin be revived to phyton 3?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote