Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
edwinblaw
edwinblaw began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Problem donating

Just starting to try Calibre as I download books to my iMac occasionally and then want to copy to my iPad for "moving around." From what I read on the "About" this should be possible. At the moment I'm not sure.

I would like to help the developers and tried to "donate" but then I got to the bottom and didn't fill in my home phone number (we just don't - tired of unsolicited calls)/ Unable to complete.

This is not necessary and hope it changes. It's bad enough giving cc info and address to unknown entity but ... have to trust someone.

Looking forward to use of the app and wish all well. If you want a few bucks and can let me give it to you without phoning me .. will be happy to.

Ed
edwinblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Ed.

You might try posting this on the Calibre forum....kovid keeps a pretty close eye there.

Thanks for the effort.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinblaw View Post
I would like to help the developers and tried to "donate" but then I got to the bottom and didn't fill in my home phone number (we just don't - tired of unsolicited calls)/ Unable to complete.
Unless I'm having something shipped I too avoid this. Usually putting the number for local information works. (area code)555-1212. Give it a try just put your area code there. I recall one time that this was recognized and denied but it can't hurt to try.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I'm the same way for the same reasons; I do NOT give my phone number to anyone (in fact, I'm about ready to yank the landline due to abuse by random dialers). If software insists I put in a number, I substitute 555 for the prefix. It won't go anywhere except directory assistance and isn't really lying because it's common knowledge that 555 is not a "valid" number.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Yes.....I wish I had thought of that before.

Put any number in.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is not something in my control, unfortunately. calibre uses PayPal to process donations (it's the only way to process international donations short of opening a merchant account).

If putting in a fake phone number dowsn't work, thanks for the thought, anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have not received any phone calls from PayPal. A few junk emails but perhaps I left something checked or unchecked.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have not received any phone calls from PayPal. A few junk emails but perhaps I left something checked or unchecked.
I agree. I have my number listed in paypal (for at least 5 years) and I have no problem with any solicitors calling the house. It is with the credit card option that I often use the fake number.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, donation, ipad, privacy