Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #31
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
How long ago did you buy your Kobo? Do you perhaps know the manufacturing date?
The current unit is technically my third touch and my second 'new' Touch (that which runs the Glo firmware). All have shown power issues, though the 'new' Touches are an order of magnitude worse than the old one (if you have a search through the forums you will see I've contributed to a number of threads discussing Touch/Glo power issues). The latest I took delivery of just over three weeks ago and it arrived out-of-the-box with firmware revision 2.1.0. I can't be certain of the manufacture date but I'd be surprised if it were more than 3 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
I wrote 84 to 86% - which, I admit, is a strange way of putting it I have two batteries, and for one I counted 84, for the other - 86
In terms of percentages they tally quite closely don't they? I didn't think twice to be honest since I have no doubt that individually they would exhibit as great a percentile variance proportional to the variance in ambient environmental operating temperature
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #32
mrbowman
mrbowman began at the beginning.

I've been waiting over a month, and finally Redcoon (the dealer) has stated the returned Touch as irreparable. They send me a new one next week.

I'm worried of having the same problem also, other forum users have come up with the second unit was defective.

Lets see what happens

Cheers to all!
mrbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #33
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi mrbowman,

Are you following this thread?

We seem to have narrowed down the battery drain during sleep mode to the screen being touched while the device is going to sleep. So if you have a case/cover/sleeve that touches the screen, this will cause the battery to drain. It is probably a bug in the new Touch/Glo firmware as the older model Touches don't have the problem.

The work around is to wait before putting the device in its sleeve or closing the case. So, when you're done reading, put the device to sleep with the slider, then WAIT, at least until the screen has finished changing and the sleep screen is visible. And only then close the case or put the device in the sleeve.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #34
mrbowman
mrbowman began at the beginning.

Hi Mrs_Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hi mrbowman,

Are you following this thread?
No I haven't follow it, I have cleared my mind about e-readers issues in the past weeks. But this weekend I'll check the thread that you point me.

Seems to be a very interesting idea, since I use a cover that could be a bit tight when closed.

Thanks for the info
mrbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #35
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowman View Post
Hi Mrs_Often

No I haven't follow it, I have cleared my mind about e-readers issues in the past weeks. But this weekend I'll check the thread that you point me.

Seems to be a very interesting idea, since I use a cover that could be a bit tight when closed.

Thanks for the info
Aaahh I'm 99% certain you have the same problem then. There's not really any need to read the entire thread. Maybe from here, but the info you need is in my previous post in the current thread
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, kobo touch