Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
laynerd
laynerd began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch/Calibre
Illustrator Book Details

I have multiple calibre libraries, one of which is made up of thousands of comic books. I would like to be able to include the illustrator as part of the metadata, but outside of creating my own custom column or including it in the author field using "illustrated by," I can't seem to figure out if there's already a way to do it. Is there a built in metadata field for "illustrator"? I know the ONIX metadata format includes illustrator, editor, and translator as part of the contributor data, but I can't tell if calibre reads from onix format or is organized to conform to it. It seems that if it's an industry standard, it would behoove calibre to use it, especially since in many books the illustrator, editor, and translator has a greater role than the author. Of course, it could just be that I don't know what I'm doing.
laynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@laynerd - if you search for ONIX in Calibre forum you'll see where ONIX stands. There are a few threads where its discussed.

My understanding is that ONIX is unlikely to be implemented in the core calibre product.

I imagine it might be implemented as a metadata plugin, but how many publishers and/or book sellers provide the contributor names in their metadata downloads.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert