Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Unhappy epub -> epub/mobi/azw3 breaks up chapters

Hey all! I have an ePub file that has a lot of sub-chapter headings. When I tried to convert it (into ePub again) Calibre broke up each sub-chapter into entirely separate chapters/html files.

I thought this might be because the headings were h2, so I clicked the 'none' for chapter marks in the structure detection tab. Still didn't work. I turned all the h2s into h4s, still with with the 'none' selected, and nope. I've tried converting into MOBI and AZW3 formats too to see if that would help, but it didn't.

I'm working with Calibre 3.8. Can anyone help me? I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
I'M AN IDIOT, the css for the sub-chapters included a page-break-before: always. Argh. Deleted it and instantly all is well. Can't believe I forgot to check for that!
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert