Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Book not appearing

I dragged and dropped a non-drm book onto the kobo but it won't show up... I've rebooted several times. What did i do wrong? Is there a certain folder the file needs to go into?
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
I dragged and dropped a non-drm book onto the kobo but it won't show up... I've rebooted several times. What did i do wrong? Is there a certain folder the file needs to go into?
You can either put it into the root directory or you can create a directory and put it there. What type of book is it? ePub, PDF, etc
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I have had that happen since the 1.9.5 but for me it was just a matter of power cycling it.

It sounds like you did much the same thing.

not sure what to say unless your epub is corrupt.

good luck

regards
jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

it is an epub and it opens up fine on my computer. I might try using ADE to put it on instead. The file is currently in the root directory.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Joe563
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
it is an epub and it opens up fine on my computer. I might try using ADE to put it on instead. The file is currently in the root directory.
Something you can try to determine whether the ePub on the Touch is corrupt or not, is to connect the Touch to your computer and then try to open the problem ePub using Windows Explorer. If the ePub is not corrupt, Adobe Digital Editions will be launched and the ePub will be displayed.

Is there anything unusual about the ePub such as it's size or name?

Last edited by Joe563; 07-11-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
m_bisson
Groupie

My dad copied the SAME epub to his Kobo WiFi and it works fine. It's gotta be a glitch with my Touch.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Joe563

Quote:
My dad copied the SAME epub to his Kobo WiFi and it works fine. It's gotta be a glitch with my Touch.
Well, as a last resort you could try a factory reset. Just be aware that this will erase all of your data and settings, so you will have to start over to set up your Touch and reload all of the data.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Well, as a last resort you could try a factory reset. Just be aware that this will erase all of your data and settings, so you will have to start over to set up your Touch and reload all of the data.
You could just hit the reset swtich with a tiny pin. I have had this happen as well but with calibre. I hold it down to being just corrupt data but to be honest not sure.

Try deleting the book then restarting by power cycling. then after the power cycle drop your book again
see what happens

good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote