Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm betting the same. I know there's at least one person over on the Amazon board who broke their screen because they thought it was a touchscreen and kept pushing on it trying to get it to work, so I can honestly imagine someone doing that if they don't know what the Kindle is, considering how pervasive touchscreen technology is these days. The Kindle screen isn't designed to withstand jabbing.
While we are at it: Is there a hard case for the kindle3 to protect the screen from getting cracked. I thought the kindle cover would offer sufficient protection. I do not want to stress amazon CS patience anymore than I already did.

By the way, I already received an email notification of a kindle3 order where the price has already been paid for using a virtual gift certificate. They even cover shipping and customs for Germany.

I am really happy I got a kindle with this kind of customer service (and such a great reading experience).
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
there are some hard lucite (?) type covers that I have seen. try going to Amazon and searching using the words "kindle covers" you might want to browse the kindle covers thread up above and see what different folks have come up with
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
oecherprinte
Zealot

I received my replacement kindle today. Works like a charm. Amazon sent it priority shipping and paid all the customs as well.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #19
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by oecherprinte View Post
I received my replacement kindle today. Works like a charm. Amazon sent it priority shipping and paid all the customs as well.
Congrats; you must be thrilled.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
oecherprinte
Zealot

Here's the rest of the story. I sent the broken kindle back to amazon.
After seeing the broken screen they charged me 38$ for the replacement
device.

But that's still ok considering that a broken screen is usally not covered by
warranty.
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by oecherprinte View Post
Here's the rest of the story. I sent the broken kindle back to amazon.
After seeing the broken screen they charged me 38$ for the replacement
device.

But that's still ok considering that a broken screen is usally not covered by
warranty.
Its obviously not great that they did charge you but $38 isn't bad IMO considering they could have charged you for a whole new Kindle.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
oecherprinte
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Its obviously not great that they did charge you but $38 isn't bad IMO considering they could have charged you for a whole new Kindle.
Well maybe that amount covers the tax they paid when they shipped the device to germany. I have to check. That would explain why noone else reported paying extra for exchange devices.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #23
jindra
jindra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I had the same problem with broken Kindle 3 screen. I can recommend using special leather case called "Kindle Guard" which protects the screen. It is the best solution for this problem I have found and it really works great.
jindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I'm so happy to hear you now have a functioning kindle for $38! When I broke my K1, the K2s had been out for a year. So, I just went ahead.

Be careful about setting things on top of your kindle. When I bring my laptop home, I make sure my kindle rides separately. But a purse isn't the right look for everyone.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #25
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'm so happy to hear you now have a functioning kindle for $38! When I broke my K1, the K2s had been out for a year. So, I just went ahead.

Be careful about setting things on top of your kindle. When I bring my laptop home, I make sure my kindle rides separately. But a purse isn't the right look for everyone.
Hmmm, I actually make sure that my Kindle screen is against my laptop, that way nothing can get to it, I figure the back is much less vulnerable.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote