Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 02:27 AM   #33151
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's been going on for just over six years now. Which is way too long. My life has been basically on hold for that long, same for my parents. The only positive thing is that my parents manage to save up a nice sum for when/if they can buy the house, having to lends less is a good thing.
While even our own legal system, in the US, can certainly drag on, that tends to be for massive lawsuits, class-action sorts of things. Superior Court cases--which is similar to what you're doing--would move so much faster. It's as though your courts have zero respect for how the delay impacts you and your family. Here, the idea of expedience and the affect and consequence of absurd delays--for NO good reason, mind you--are taken into account and certainly argued by legal counsel for the affected parties. I'm surprised that your attorney actually argues against telling the judge to move his/her ass.

I understand what you said, about your folks being able to save up money, but all of it--the emotional damages, the stress, financial impacts, and LEGAL FEES from this dragging on forever...man.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:25 AM   #33152
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
While even our own legal system, in the US, can certainly drag on, that tends to be for massive lawsuits, class-action sorts of things. Superior Court cases--which is similar to what you're doing--would move so much faster. It's as though your courts have zero respect for how the delay impacts you and your family. Here, the idea of expedience and the affect and consequence of absurd delays--for NO good reason, mind you--are taken into account and certainly argued by legal counsel for the affected parties. I'm surprised that your attorney actually argues against telling the judge to move his/her ass.

I understand what you said, about your folks being able to save up money, but all of it--the emotional damages, the stress, financial impacts, and LEGAL FEES from this dragging on forever...man.

Hitch
Normally an appeal such as ours should take 6-12 months. Ours started in January 2018. My uncle announced he was appealing and the judge wanted to know dates when everyone was able to meet in court. My uncle said (I don't believe him) that he didn't have time for the next 4 months. So that was the first delay. Then the judge ordered us to see if we could get to an agreement, which also takes times and was bombed by my uncle. As I said the current delay is probably because the court has a big backlog of cases. Over the last years, maybe decade, the courts have had a lot of budget cuts, so there aren't enough judges and other personnel to get every case through the courts quickly and I believe every court in the country has some sort of backlog.

Also, we've had several court cases, not just this one, over the years. This must be the fifth or sixth. The topic vary; the conservatorship (?) of my uncle, the will, my uncle right to sell the house, etc. It isn't just one case that's taking so long. Some court cases overlapped, but most were consecutive.

As I said, our lawyer thinks it might be detrimental to our case if ask/tell to get the judge to get a move on. If the delay is due to backlogs it's also useless.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #33153
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Normally an appeal such as ours should take 6-12 months. Ours started in January 2018. My uncle announced he was appealing and the judge wanted to know dates when everyone was able to meet in court. My uncle said (I don't believe him) that he didn't have time for the next 4 months. So that was the first delay. Then the judge ordered us to see if we could get to an agreement, which also takes times and was bombed by my uncle. As I said the current delay is probably because the court has a big backlog of cases. Over the last years, maybe decade, the courts have had a lot of budget cuts, so there aren't enough judges and other personnel to get every case through the courts quickly and I believe every court in the country has some sort of backlog.

Also, we've had several court cases, not just this one, over the years. This must be the fifth or sixth. The topic vary; the conservatorship (?) of my uncle, the will, my uncle right to sell the house, etc. It isn't just one case that's taking so long. Some court cases overlapped, but most were consecutive.

As I said, our lawyer thinks it might be detrimental to our case if ask/tell to get the judge to get a move on. If the delay is due to backlogs it's also useless.
I know, I read what you said about your lawyer's advice. I'm just...surprised by it, that's all and those of us who've been here a long time are familiar with everything you've been through--we feel for you and your parents, etc.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:58 AM   #33154
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Every year, in August, in the town of Barneveld the Balloon Fiesta is held. Where a lot of hot air balloons take flight. Nowadays it's a multiple day festival, it used to be just one day. My grandfather was a member of a hot air balloon club and he used to help setting things up before the lift off. My grandmother used to go with him and one or two cousins (daughters of aunt) and I would often go with them. Basically we spend the day running around a field and probably being in the way of the hot air balloon clubs.

For years my sister and I have talked about going again. I'm not sure my sister ever joined us, maybe once. This year we decided to go. Up until a couple of days ago the weather forecast was good 20-22C and sunny. Now the forecasts predict temperatures of 27-31C. Since hot air balloons and trees don't mix there isn't much shade on the festival area, at least from what I remember. On Saturday, the last day of the festival, the program starts at 5.30pm, and the sun won't set until just before 9pm. 27C would be doable, but not comfortable. Any hotter and I won't be able to deal with it I think. My sister agrees with me.

With my sister's work we can't go on any of the earlier days, so it now looks like we have to postpone for another year.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #33155
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
The vending machines at work are conspiring to keep people from their white cheddar smart pop and dill pickle lays!
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #33156
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2
Gah! Sub-trained ct scan techs who "read" scans incorrectly and scare people.

Daughter was hit by a red-light runner and totaled her mostly new car. The hospital did not do a scan that night, so her doctor ordered one of her neck. The tech who read the scan and wrote the report said she had a growth in her throat, and needed to see an ENT right away.

The doctor today numbed her and scoped her throat, and she is fine. Her throat is more narrow on that side but there is no growth. She was in a panic all week waiting to the see the ENT doctor today. Thank goodness he got her in this week.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:12 PM   #33157
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
The vending machines at work are conspiring to keep people from their white cheddar smart pop and dill pickle lays!
Ummmm ... I hope there were some commas missing there. Otherwise, that sounds like a horrible lay, and a dreadful pop!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #33158
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ummmm ... I hope there were some commas missing there. Otherwise, that sounds like a horrible lay, and a dreadful pop!

Lol. Yeah. Lay's potato chips.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #33159
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Lol. Yeah. Lay's potato chips.
Actually, I knew that - I'm originally from Pennsylvania. But it sounded funnier the other way. Even so: dill pickle potato chips??? Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #33160
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Actually, I knew that - I'm originally from Pennsylvania. But it sounded funnier the other way. Even so: dill pickle potato chips??? Thanks, but no thanks.

It's my favorite flavor!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #33161
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oh --- and the white cheddar smart pop is POPCORN ..... not soda. Okay, I will go shut up!
Old 08-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #33162
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Oh --- and the white cheddar smart pop is POPCORN ..... not soda. Okay, I will go shut up!
LOL! I didn't even think of that! We call soda "soft drinks" here in New Orleans or just "Coke," regardless of brand.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #33163
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
LOL! I didn't even think of that! We call soda "soft drinks" here in New Orleans or just "Coke," regardless of brand.
Same here in NC.

For the uninitiated - dill pickle flavored potato chips are similar to salt & vinegar flavored chips (at least to my taste) but I think the pickle chips have a less strong vinegar taste. Probably varies by brand though.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:16 AM   #33164
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

It's one of those days in the store today. With a lot of difficult and temper tantrummy customers. Add to that that I'm working alone today and the heat. Just 45 more minutes until closing time, then I either need to find something I can punch or torture some Sims.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #33165
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2
Lay's Dill Pickle chips are great! I can easily destroy a whole bag, which is why I don't buy them often.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness