Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
Nabodita
Connoisseur
Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
Discovering new (or old) music

I spend a lot of time listening to music and I've discovered some great new artists or even one-song-wonders in the last couple of months. I keep sharing new music with friends so why not share links to new music here?

I rarely do youtube... I prefer Apple Music; its especially fun to listen to an artist or song, fall in love and then go check them out on Google. I remember listening to two songs by Rory Graham (better known as Rag 'N Bone Man)... and I had this visual in my head about an elderly man with years of whiskey in his voice. Imagine my surprise when he turned out to be this young, tall, broad, white guy (I'm not rascist. Don't flame me. If there's a politically correct word just tell me what it is and I'll try and use it next time.) with tattoos on his face!

So, here's my current favs:

For Floyd lovers, check out this song called Again from Archive. Its a long track but they've got the entire gamut from Barrett, Waters to Gilmour in that one track. I'm in love!

If you listen to Rag 'N Bone Man, first listen to Human (a sort of electronica track with a lovely bass groove) and then follow it up with St. James, a blues track. I still can't believe its the same artist.

Another track I really loved was Play Dead by Tom Walker.

An old song called Electric Memphis Blues by Chris Rea, Who Says by John Mayer and Mountain Climbing by Joe Bonamassa.

I haven't given any links since I'm sure everyone prefers to listen to music on the service of their choice.

It would be nice to keep this thread going... I for one am always grateful to people who introduce me to new music!
Nabodita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I remember being shocked a couple of years ago. There is a show called "The Voice" here. There was this beautiful voice. The producers decided to not show the singer until at least one of the judges turned around. It sounded like a woman singing. It was actually a big male. Yes, he won the show that season.
I know his first name is Jordan.

The package doesn't always show the singing voice.

Thanks for the newer singers. I am pretty much into classic rock myself.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I "discovered" a Celtic rock band called "Enter the Haggis" not too long ago when one of their songs was used as the closing music on a blog-cast I listed to.

They briefly changed their name to "Jubilee Riots" and I didn't like the album they released under that name (too much hard rock, not enough - or any as far as I could tell - Celtic).

My favorite album from them (which is also the first I purchased) is The Modest Revolution. If I remember correctly, it was crowd-funded and each song was triggered by a story they read on a single-day's local newspaper.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Abney Park is good. They have one of their albums here at the Internet Archive.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:40 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Abney Park is good. They have one of their albums here at the Internet Archive.
Are they considered steampunk? I think I've seen some of their videos.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2017, 01:45 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Are they considered steampunk? I think I've seen some of their videos.
Yep. That they are. Some interesting music. I see that since I was last looking for them they even added a 2nd collection of "lost journals" music.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:55 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Yep. That they are. Some interesting music. I see that since I was last looking for them they even added a 2nd collection of "lost journals" music.
That's an interesting genre and it grew on me much to my surprise. Another group in this genre is Steam Powered Giraffe.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

My personal favorite from Abney Park.