Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Wvereader
Wvereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question WiFi transfer ebooks computer vs Kobo Glo HD

I just bought a Kobo Glo HD and I already have ebooks on my computer. Ofcourse I can transfer these ebooks by using the USB cable. But I want to transfer them via wifi. Is this possible?

If not, I think the whole wifi functionality is only for the benefits of booksellers. And I paid extra money for this option. That is weird, isn't it?
Wvereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
If you use Calibre on your PC then you can transfer to your GloHD via wi-fi by starting the Calibre Content Server, take a note of the address and port it uses, and then download the books using the GloHD's web browser.

Edit: Another way is to upload your books to somewhere like DropBox and use your GloHD's web browser to download them from there. (But due to a recent change at DropBox you might need to switch from mobile to desktop view in the browser to download, see the screenshots in this post.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-11-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: DropBox
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvereader View Post
I just bought a Kobo Glo HD and I already have ebooks on my computer. Ofcourse I can transfer these ebooks by using the USB cable. But I want to transfer them via wifi. Is this possible?
I explained this just last night in the forum you're posting this message in.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=268489

I don't think you particularly "paid extra money" for wifi. None of Kobo's current readers lack wifi. Wifi is also not otherwise useless; it's the best way to register the device and update the firmware, and it allows Wikipedia and web searches of words/places/people in the books you're reading.

Last edited by meeera; 12-12-2015 at 01:30 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi kobo glo hd transfer