Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Does anybody have KT translator.acx around ? (there should be a copy in [userstore]/system/acw/ )
stock-translator-20130712080201.acx:
Attached Files
File Type: zip stock-translator-20130712080201.zip (17.6 KB, 356 views)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #17
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Thanks thomass, now it is possible to download KT-specific version of gtranslator ACX.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Thanks for the explanation about the acxe folder. I was just curious, plus now I know to keep it on my rsync-excludes backup/restore lists.

I now have a "Google Translation" button (instead of the default one, which now I rethink it actually makes sense); thanks a lot!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #19
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I now have a "Google Translation" button (instead of the default one
Oops, I forgot to change the widget ID. If you want to have both translation options, redownload the ACX please.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:35 AM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I figure it's better this way, since I don't really need multiple translators.

Maybe it would be different if I had the 3G version, and actually wanted the Bing version. Perhaps leave both up? The replacement, and the addition.

And again, thanks for the hack!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #21
onlyra
onlyra began at the beginning.

Device: KT, KPW3
Hy, can you add Romanian to Google Translate ACX?
Thanks.
onlyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I know that.

On my computer, it is located at "/media/Kindle/system/acw/"; note the reference to root at the beginning of "/mnt/us/system/acw/"; maybe I should've made this clearer though.
I was responding to:
Quote:
But adding gtranslator.acx at "/mnt/us/system/acw/" (over USB connection) does nothing.
Which certainly lists the **internal** path with the information that it was added over the **external** path.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyra View Post
Hy, can you add Romanian to Google Translate ACX?
Thanks.
Romanian added.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #24
m1ndelt
m1ndelt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, can you add Lithuanian language?

Thanks
m1ndelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 AM   #25
dsmid
Linux devotee

Added languages:
Code:
Latvian
Lithuanian
Estonian
Hungarian
Bulgarian
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #26
AppleFruit
AppleFruit began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
When I install Update_acxe_3_install.bin i have error:
Update Error: Unable to create security.acxe dir

PW1 5.4.4
AppleFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #27
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFruit View Post
When I install Update_acxe_3_install.bin i have error:
Update Error: Unable to create security.acxe dir

PW1 5.4.4
Most probably AcXE is already installed.
I've fixed the installer not to complain in such case.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #28
AppleFruit
AppleFruit began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Acxe ver.4 installed without error, thanks!
But... translator don't work - "Application Error - The selected application could not be started..."

Previously used Acxe ver.1 and aeverything was ok.
What am I doing wrong?
AppleFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
pokita
pokita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Same problem here with Kindle firmware version 5.4.2.

I also tried to create my own ACX using your excellent Wiki page, but with the same problems. The error I see in /var/log/messages is "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object:exception converting eventRef to object". Here's the full log:

140404:225822 cvm[3419]: I AcxManager:handleMesquiteAction:targetId=com.lab12 6.gtranslation,action=onload,document=widget_//kindle.amazon.comx2Fnsx2Fwidgetsx2Fgtranslation_1. 8.12/index.html,sessionId=null:Handling event
140404:225822 mesquite[3965]: E JS.kindle.ACXReader:JSACXReader.callOnEvent:eventN ame=onbutton,exception=TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object:exception converting even
tRef to object
140404:225822 mesquite[3965]: E JS.kindle.ACXReader:JSACXReader.incomingAcxEvent:e vent=onbutton:callOnEvent failed
140404:225822 mesquite[3965]: E com.lab126.mesquited:WidgetFatalErrorEventListener .onEvent:targetID=com.lab126.gtranslation Widget has encountered a fatal error so we are
shutting it down:

Also, I had the problem that removing the acx file did *not* remove the entry in the context menu. It somehow got added on every boot because it was still registered in /var/local/appreg.db. After I restored that file from a backup, the entry vanished. So having a backup of that file is a good idea when experimenting with adding acx files.

Last edited by pokita; 04-04-2014 at 05:12 PM.
pokita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
onlyra
onlyra began at the beginning.

Device: KT, KPW3
Same problem: sometimes I get a blank "Google translation" popup window and sometimes "Application Error - The selected application could not be started...".
All I did was copy the gtranslator.acx file in user store / system/acw/.
I dont know what to do with files for ACX signing: author.p12, sign.sh, widgetsigner.jar

I have the Mobileread Kindlet Kit version 2014.02.14

Last edited by onlyra; 04-05-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: more details
onlyra is offline   Reply With Quote