Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested in an extra one.
I'd be interested in one with a longer cord.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Not that it's 3.1 amps total for the 2 USB ports, so you'd need a double ended cable, because one port would just provide 1.55 amps.
Actually from their web site https://www.lenmar.com/Uploads/File/...ts/ACUSB31.pdf says
Quote:
General Specifications:
Input: 100 -240 VAC, 50/60Hz
Output: 5VDC
Output Current: 2.1A port 1 + 1.0A port 2
Output Ports: 2 X USB “A” type
Dimensions: 76.4 x 48 x 31mm (AC plug closed)
Weight: 78g
LED Indications: On - Power On, Blinking – Overload,
Off – Short Circuit
So it does have a 2.1A port.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Incidentally, today I emailed help@kobobooks.com asking how I might purchase an extra Vox charger because other chargers don't work properly. When I get a reply, I'll post here.
Just received a reply:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care.

We do apologize for the problems that you are experiencing.

What we would advise you to do is go to your nearest electronic store with your device and purchase a 5 amp charger that is compatible with your device, that is if you are unable to locate a vox charger at your electronic store because they are not available online.

Sincerely,

The Kobo Team
Clearly, whoever replied has no idea that the OEM charger is a dedicated Vox accessory, designed to work with the Vox software. Just a generic answer for a generic product. I guess I'll have to ask at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, travel, vox