Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #16
Wearever
Guru
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
That is a very bad idea. Condensation will form almost instantly, not only beneath the screen surface, but on the internal circuitry as well. That's about the quickest way to kill any electronic device. It may be "waterproof", but it's not hermetically sealed, so the internal humidity will reach equilibrium with the external.

We've had a string of 100F+ days here (about 38C), and I've been reading outside on my KOA2 each day with no ill effects. Granted, I don't sit in direct sunlight at that temperature (ouch!), but no overheating problems as yet. I seem to remember the specs saying the maximum operating temperature is 95F, so I'm clearly testing the limits...
We have been so humid here in New England this summer, that condensation is a concern just being outside. Lol. I'm glad it's waterproof too. Even putting the device down on a wet surface. It has not gotten to the extreme hot temp. warning yet, but like you I'm not reading in direct sun very long.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #17
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: koa2 wifi, b&n ngp, sony dpt-s1
metal is a very good heat conductor. even if it's just 75 degrees outside (and be informed that weather reports report the temperature in the shade, not in full sun), if the reader is under the full sun, it will accumulate heat and not be able to disperse it if there is no breeze. so it's best to not have the reader in the full sun for too long.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
kcladyz
I love my parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW White, iPad Pro, Nook Glowlight 3, Asus Zenpad, fire tabs
It is metal so it will get hot faster than plastic. My tablets get hot in the sun too
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote