Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I read pdfs, comics and non-fiction books on my Samsung Chromebook Plus, usually flipped round in tablet mode. The bright 1920 x 1080 12.3" screen makes this a real pleasure.

It runs Android apps very well indeed.

It's a bit heavy to hold up for long so I have to have it propped up, either on my knees, a cushion, or in 'tent' mode on a table, but this is rarely a problem.

(I read fiction on my eInk Kobo H2O.)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #17
peaceridge
Fanatic
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lg Gpad x8.3, Nexus 7.2, Galaxy Note 8 & Note 10(14), Kobo Aura 1
I read on a G Pad X™ LG VK815 8.3" - perfect for me - unfortunately it is having problems with the touch screen - I have to press harder than I like to get it to perform. Android 6. I've been looking for a new one, but haven't found any I like. I don't want to upgrade from Android 6, so that is a problem. As I understand it (and I could be wrong) above Android 6, ebooks are duplicated from Calibre Companion to whatever ebook reader one is using (its an Android thing, not a CC problem).
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #18
aduffbrew
aduffbrew began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue LikeBook Plus
I’m not much for movies or television so I do a lot of reading, especially in the evenings. For years I used an iPad Mini. I found the 7.9” size nearly ideal for reading both sitting in a chair or lounging in bed. As I’ve gotten older, eye strain and insomnia became a problem. I reluctantly switched to an e-ink Carta HD device. It took some adjustment. By comparison they are ugly and slow but I’m glad I did. The difference in my health is profound.

I chose the Boyue Likebook Plus because I wanted a more all-in-one reading experience. I’ve added a few news apps, several bookstore apps, and finally cloudLibrary and Overdrive/Libby for library access. With the included reader for all my own ePub files and it’s a great solution for me.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell V8Pro; Asus Zenpad S8; Onyx Boox T68; Kobo Aura One
I've used a plenty of tablets, for reading and for other purposes. My max comfortable size is 8" for reading and the screen needs to have a high DPI.

I've used a HTC Flyer, a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and now have an Asus ZenPad S8.0. My Surface Pro 2 I never use for reading. Neither do I use my phone (even if my Yotaphone has an e-ink screen). But I still prefer my Kobo Aura One.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet android reading