Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 3 & Mini 4
Output Profile Options

Regarding the Page Setup section for conversion to ePub, I see there are still only two options for iPads: iPad & iPad3. The recent iPad & iPad Mini 4 use the 2048 x 1536 resolution of the iPad 3, but the iPad Pro models have different resolutions: 2224 x 1668 for the 10.5" and 2732 x 2048 for the 12.9". How will images look on them using the 2048 x 1536 iPad 3 setting? Will Calibre be updated to add the two larger resolution settings?
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Regarding the Page Setup section for conversion to ePub, I see there are still only two options for iPads: iPad & iPad3. The recent iPad & iPad Mini 4 use the 2048 x 1536 resolution of the iPad 3, but the iPad Pro models have different resolutions: 2224 x 1668 for the 10.5" and 2732 x 2048 for the 12.9". How will images look on them using the 2048 x 1536 iPad 3 setting? Will Calibre be updated to add the two larger resolution settings?
If you select Tablet as the output profile calibre doesn't downsize any images and leaves the images as they are. IIRC calibre never tries to enlarge images.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 3 & Mini 4
Thanks, but I wasn't looking to enlarge images. What I want to know is:

1. HOW does the 2048 x 1536 ePub output profile look on the 2224 x 1668 & 2732 x 2048 iPad Pro models?

2. Will new ePub output profiles of 2224 x 1668 & 2732 x 2048 be added to Calibre? This is really a question for Kovid Goyal

BTW, glad to see another military retiree here!
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
BTW, glad to see another military retiree here!
There are more than 1 (While I retired, it was not fro the Military. I only did 8 in this mans Navy )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote