Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
gafortiby
gafortiby began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Where to find cases for discontinued models

Where do you find good cases for discontinued models? I have searched eBay and amazon and I can only find pouches or decal type skins. Nothing custom fit. I am coming from the BN nook where they make tons of OEM custom fit cases that lock the device securely into the cover. Anything like that for the kobo aura HD?
gafortiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:21 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
I'm guessing the Kobo Aura HD had a short production run because it's very hard to find cases for them. But I did find a Navitech case on Amazon (in either grey or blue) for $4.99, plus $2.49 shipping (from England). The vendor who is selling them is North Laine Accessories US. I ordered a similar case for my Kobo Mini from them (it was selling for 99 cents and $2.49 shipping. I haven't gotten it in yet, but it has decent reviews on Amazon). If you want, I can report on its quality when it gets in. I don't know how someone can sell and ship a case for $3.48 from England (I also ordered one that's supposed to be a sleep cover for the Mini for $4.99 plus $2.49 shipping -- I didn't see the 99 cent one until later.) It's not easy to find covers for the Mini either, but next to the Aura HD it's child's play. (These are supposed to come in any time from tomorrow till next Thursday -- no tracking, so I can't tell exactly when.)

https://www.amazon.com/MiTAB-Leather...oding=UTF8&me=
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote