Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 02:22 AM   #16
Manabi
Guru
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nook HD+, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
You can also refine the searches by playing with some of the other fields. For example, adding &node=157305011 gives mysteries, 158566011 is romance, 157325011 is non-fiction, etc. Those are the only three I know right now...I'm sure other folks know other nodes, like sci-fi...

You can also search, for example, for the classics, which mostly have (Enriched Classics) in the title by adding &title=classics to the search.

So a little creativity can help knock down the hundreds of titles to something manageable.
&node= didn't work for me, or at least it didn't narrow the list down. However, it did cause the sidebar to show a list of categories for drilling down into. To simplify things for everyone else:
It'll also let you drill down into sub-categories after you follow any of the above links.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
&node= didn't work for me, or at least it didn't narrow the list down. However, it did cause the sidebar to show a list of categories for drilling down into. To simplify things for everyone else:

It'll also let you drill down into sub-categories after you follow any of the above links.
Too bad almost every book is in almost every category.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
I picked up a few titles. probably will never read them tho LOL I have too many books from big name authors on my read list
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #19
cc_in_oh
Addict
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I picked up a few titles. probably will never read them tho LOL I have too many books from big name authors on my read list
In the time it takes to read one book I accumulate 25 more. I'm drowning in ebooks. To make matters worse, I also record TV shows faster than I can watch, so every day I fall farther behind on those too.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #20
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
That is really bizarre, because it definitely works for me. If I take @keithdt's link from the first post (the general one, not the non-fiction one), and add &node=157305011 at the end, it goes from showing me more than 2,000 S&S titles (you can see this up in the upper left corner of the page) to 399 titles, and it adds the category "Kindle eBooks : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense" in burnt orange text. See the attached screenshots of before and after, with URL, and search results in upper left-ish.

Now, it's still true that, as @j.p.s says up above, the assignment of books to genres can sometimes be sort of off, but at least it can be a bit of help when staring at a few thousand search results ...

Odd that it's not working for you - and funny that it doesn't cause the sidebar to show up for me. But, anyway, glad it somehow helped you sort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post

{edit long list}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	165444   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	165445  

Last edited by sufue; 08-05-2018 at 03:38 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
In the time it takes to read one book I accumulate 25 more. I'm drowning in ebooks. To make matters worse, I also record TV shows faster than I can watch, so every day I fall farther behind on those too.
I read 2 books on average a month and buy around 2 to 6 a month lol
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #22
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I read 2 books on average a month and buy around 2 to 6 a month lol
Since discovering MobileRead I ‘buy’ around 100 a month and have read maybe one in my entire life.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Since discovering MobileRead I ‘buy’ around 100 a month and have read maybe one in my entire life.
E-Book General > General Discussions > Ebook Buyer Addicts Support Thread
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote