Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #31
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
user2398472834 doesn't stop spamming the wiki page, I don't know how to stop him from edit the page, I tried complain to Wikipedia Administrator, but it didn't work.

I copy the content to google site from a new google account https://sites.google.com/site/kobofirmwarereleases/home
and i give passport to member in this thread, its not the best solution.

If somebody have a better solution please tell.
I don't have a solution; I'm sorry.

I'll give a heads up to DaleDe, who manages the Wiki; you might want to contact him directly, as you have a far better sense of what's going on. His profile is here.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #32
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have banned the user and fixed the damage I believe. Let me know if it is ok now.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have banned the user and fixed the damage I believe. Let me know if it is ok now.
Can you make it so you have to approve who cane make changes?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #34
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you make it so you have to approve who cane make changes?
I can block everyone except a moderator but cannot change it to just a list of regular users. I have blocked the individual from the wiki web site edits forever.

Dale
Old 12-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #35
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I can block everyone except a moderator but cannot change it to just a list of regular users. I have blocked the individual from the wiki web site edits forever.

Dale
My kepubify page has been vandalised again. I was just about to add some information based on my new documentation I wrote, but I don't think there is a point for now because the abuser keeps coming back.

EDIT: So has a bunch of other pages according to the edit history.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2017, 03:09 AM   #36
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The Guidelines say members are not to accuse other members of being trolls. However, since he's been banned, technically you're in the clear. That would also account for his absence.
I apologize. Didn't know that.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:32 AM   #37
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The Guidelines say members are not to accuse other members of being trolls. However, since he's been banned, technically you're in the clear. That would also account for his absence.
And the T word falls under the broader umbrella of "no name calling":

Quote:
... Name calling is not permitted, even in the form of a question, e.g. "X's posts make me wonder how much he believes what he's saying, or if he's just a troll." ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #38
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Until the one making all the changes grows tired of doing it, the only way to have the Wiki usable for others is to block all edits, period. Sure, you can ban a user, maybe even his IP, but there's nothing to stop that person from creating other accounts and using proxies to bypass the IP ban to keep editing the pages.

Hopefully there are backups to easily restore the Wiki and get his obscenities off the pages there.

I'd even suggest keeping the Wiki locked indefinitely from now on, and a way to PM the changes to the moderator at this point, so only DaleDe can make changes. I know it means extra work for DaleDe or a moderator if he can set one (or even a few), but having the pages maliciously edited daily surely is more work involved than adding content when needed.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #39
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And the T word falls under the broader umbrella of "no name calling":
Geez, I've always seen "troll" as a purely descriptive word, not as abuse.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #40
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Until the one making all the changes grows tired of doing it, the only way to have the Wiki usable for others is to block all edits, period. Sure, you can ban a user, maybe even his IP, but there's nothing to stop that person from creating other accounts and using proxies to bypass the IP ban to keep editing the pages.

Hopefully there are backups to easily restore the Wiki and get his obscenities off the pages there.

I'd even suggest keeping the Wiki locked indefinitely from now on, and a way to PM the changes to the moderator at this point, so only DaleDe can make changes. I know it means extra work for DaleDe or a moderator if he can set one (or even a few), but having the pages maliciously edited daily surely is more work involved than adding content when needed.

I agree, the wiki page need to be lock, there no need to to edit it until the next Firmware release, people will not feel safe to use it other wise.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Speaking of the Wiki, I just had a look at the firmware page. It's a bit confusing. What's confusing is the firmware for the Aura One Limited Edition. Does it need it's own firmware or will the Mark 6 firmware do? That's where the confusion comes in. Once that's answered, then the page can be updated to make this clear.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #42
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
My kepubify page has been vandalised again. I was just about to add some information based on my new documentation I wrote, but I don't think there is a point for now because the abuser keeps coming back.

EDIT: So has a bunch of other pages according to the edit history.
I believe I have corrected all of the pages. Your change may have been one I missed earlier.

Dale
Old 12-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #43
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Isn’t MobileRead based on an Austrian server? In that case, I would recommend recovering the location of the ISP by checking the IP’s used by the person, and notify Austrian police through: against-cybercrime (at) bmi.gv.at

Internet crime should be taken as serious as offline crime, and in this case, people can seriously damage expensive equipmemt by the actions of this thug.

Vandalism = vandalism, it’s that simple.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #44
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2398472834 View Post
You broke my kobo mini. I installed the firmware 4.7.10364, which your stupid wiki says is mini only, and the downloaded file says it is a limited edition firmware. now my kobo does not work. i hate u guys.

you also broke my kobo aura h2o. i installed the firmware 4.7.10413 on it, and now that wont turn on either .....

YOUR WIKI IS STUPID

FIX MY KOBO NOW
Why not just download the official updates when they become availabie via sync. I really do not understand these people that download unofficial updates and then complain when they do not work.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #45
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan1972 View Post
Why not just download the official updates when they become availabie via sync. I really do not understand these people that download unofficial updates and then complain when they do not work.
These are all official updates. People download them from here to skip Kobo's selective rollout to certain affiliates and countries.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote